joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very true.  Had about 22" of snow with the Jan '99 storm here and the sfc low track just west of me. Unfortunately cold air doesn't look as cold or deep in advance of this one.  

22"?  Dang, were you in a similar location as you are now?

That had to be one of the biggest WAA dumps that the region has seen.  Most of Indiana got dryslotted.  You know you're dealing with something special when you get that much even with getting dryslotted. 

22"? Dang, were you in a similar location as you are now?

That had to be one of the biggest WAA dumps that the region has seen. Most of Indiana got dryslotted. You know you're dealing with something special when you get that much even with getting dryslotted.

He might be including LES...

That will probably be the first and last time Detroit and Toronto ever get 10-15" and all snow from a storm that tracks from EVV to GRR to APN. Not even GHD 2011 coyld measure up.

22"?  Dang, were you in a similar location as you are now?

That had to be one of the biggest WAA dumps that the region has seen.  Most of Indiana got dryslotted.  You know you're dealing with something special when you get that much even with getting dryslotted. 

18" synoptic and 4" lake effect...was rather impressive considering flake size was small...just a ton of them :sled:

GHD is the flavor the week. But in response to an earlier post, 4-5 days out...the Euro was close to all rain for LAF. I went back and looked. It was actually all freezing rain, but that proved to be wrong in the end. Alas, that has nothing to do with this one. :lol: 

The Euro is starting to look like how I envisioned this.

Not sure why it hooks East so fast.  I suppose it's getting shunted Eastward with the fast flow.

There's confluence that pretty much acts as a brick wall once it gets close to cutting even further north once it enters southern IN. I wouldn't be surprised to see a SLP track into far NWOH, but it's not going to end up west of YYZ. 

Also have the hunch that someone in IN/OH/Lower Michigan sees significant icing but I'm not exactly sure where.

Of all of the scientific and technological developments of the last 30 years, the dawn of the internet achieved the one thing that has eluded science since the dawn of time. 

BS now travels at the speed of light.

I hope people read this and take it seriously. Unfortunately, I feel the damage has already been done at no fault to the NWS.

I hope people read this and take it seriously. Unfortunately, I feel the damage has already been done at no fault to the NWS.

I was impressed with the NWS response to it.  I showed it to some people (non weather freaks that is) and they thought it was the right thing to do considering all the pointless weather hype now-a-days (not NWS but by various medias).

http://www.theindychannel.com/weather/30-inch-indiana-snowstorm-debunked

Apparently it was BAM Chase throwing around the 30 inch model.

Bam's loyal sheep, er subscribers, took to WRTV6's facebook page to criticize them for writing the story.

I'm beating my drums for rain, praying for the NW shift we so often see here. Would love nothing more than a couple inches of rain followed by sunny skies.

Archived