Newest Member
    amirah5
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol friv.

The only thing in this kind of set-up that could really screw us on the West side of the Subforum is having the Vort max track over the Northern Texas panhandle.

the Euro/GFS/GEM bring the vort into a closer track as it gets to Missouri area.  But the trajectory of the Vort max out of Texas will have major implications on our weather.

I always figured it would track NE/NNE for a while.  But given the depth of the trough and how the vort max tracks threw Northern Mexico.  I don't buy what the GFS is selling.

If it wasn't for the speed of this the GFS outcome would end up screwing almost everyone.

As long as we avoid a sloppy piecemeal ejection of the sw (common and plenty of time to crop up), i'll remain confident in future nw shifts, not only in track, but slp development. Gonna ride this call until I'm wrong.

You should change your avatar to John Kerry.

:pimp:

you can have your NW trend.  As long as the vort digs far enough SE to not screw me first.

Or there will Back-smacks galore.

Too much uncertainty right now for me to get excited.  So far, to this point, temps and precip  at the time of the event, as modeled so far, look good.  But, at 100+ hours out, lots of time for things to change.....

you can have your NW trend.  As long as the vort digs far enough SE to not screw me first.

I also want the vort max to dig as far south as it can. It will allow a better chance for more moisture to get into the cold sector as its able to take on a true negative tilt, since we're not dealing with a shortwave that will already be closed off.

So I'm completely with you there. 

I know it's an exercise in futility.  But the NAM is showing an explosive set up.  The day 3 system is much stronger than the gfs and other models show.

Look at the vort out West then the powerful one over the PNW dropping down behind it.

The vort max will end up swinging way down in Mexico probably coming out somewhere ove the Rio Grande in Texas.  But with two powerhouses possibly phasing that would probably end up being a closed offf H5 bowling ball for a while before it's pulled into the PV.

This screams EPIC ICE AND SNOW.

This would be a radically game changer turning this thing into BEAST MODE.

namUS_500_avort_084.gif

This is getting close.

The GGEM has a strong vort max over the TX/OK border trailing into Texas now on both the GFS and GGEM.

The confluence showing up out front is huge because the PV and SE are elongated Parrallel to each other.  So the jet is just raging.

this cuases issues with shearing the system out into a weaker northern side wave vs the Southern stronger wave holding on, slowing down and amplifying after digging a bit more.

00_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_C

This is getting close.

The GGEM has a strong vort max over the TX/OK border trailing into Texas now on both the GFS and GGEM.

The confluence showing up out front is huge because the PV and SE are elongated Parrallel to each other.  So the jet is just raging.

this cuases issues with shearing the system out into a weaker northern side wave vs the Southern stronger wave holding on, slowing down and amplifying after digging a bit more.

00z gfs also showing a lot more confluence.  Would be good for a lot of us because it could become more w-e oriented.

Archived