wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're gonna be right about the NW trend ultimately.

We'll see. The emerging hints at late game storm development as the remnant sw hits the trailing front over the southeast has me feeling a little :yikes: about my call as it would probably prevent 500mb heights in the east from rising like I thought. That said, these types of redevelopments are often overdone and scoot east pretty quick and the NAM already looks to be backing off it's earlier aggressive runs.

Also won't be surprised if the sw trends a good bit slower. Such a long way to go.

Even worse it will be in Mexico for a while right before it ejects.

And as it tracks down the California coast for like 2-3 days.

This is going to be terribly modeled.

Well it already is.

So much waffling.  But it showing signs of slowing down a bit.

I think this is going to dig more.  There is so much energy in the trough.  They will get a better grasp on phasing soon.  But this has a hook look to it as the trough goes negative and swings NE.

I think this is going to dig more.  There is so much energy in the trough.  They will get a better grasp on phasing soon.  But this has a hook look to it as the trough goes negative and swings NE.

I'd feel even more confident about future NW shifts if we were seeing any kind of guidance suggesting the trough goes negative....we just aren't and it's probably not gonna happen.

Even worse it will be in Mexico for a while right before it ejects.

And as it tracks down the California coast for like 2-3 days.

This is going to be terribly modeled.

Well it already is.

So much waffling.  But it showing signs of slowing down a bit.

Very similar to a system in early December...I think Hoosier would remember this too as he kept bringing up the point about some of the energy going into data void regions of mexico...while we were still waiting on sampling from more energy to come in from the Pac....

Very similar to a system in early December...I think Hoosier would remember this too as he kept bringing up the point about some of the energy going into data void regions of mexico...while we were still waiting on sampling from more energy to come in from the Pac....

IIRC writing was on the wall with that one before it even got into Mexico...sloppy vort ejection with the ULL detached well northwest of the SLP. Hopefully we don't do that again.

IIRC writing was on the wall with that one before it even got into Mexico...sloppy vort ejection with the ULL detached well northwest of the SLP. Hopefully we don't do that again.

yeah...things were ubber progressive and I believe there ended up being a transfer to a main coastal LP off Delmarva....but the transfer had been fairly well advertised in the models...There haven't been as many hints at the swift transfer with this setup...but there also haven't been many members showing anything going sub 1000...in the OV.  One thing of note (if one deems the setups similar) was that it did end up cutting more than what models had showed even 24 hours previous to it's impacts.  And filed under FWIW, but the RAP (not including the last hour of it's runs H17, H18), picked up on the slow ticks west with a little stronger surface reflection and a degree of less earlier transferring than most of the other guidance....but obviously all filed under FWIW

Archived