joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/14 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I've got drifts well over a foot...and other areas nearly bare from the wind. How can you get a measurement outta that? I'm in Colonia by the way...nasty windy coldout there, even the dog wouldn't go out.

Avoided what looked to be higher/lower levels...measured in multiple spots and kept coming up with 6".

john is the band suppose to intensify as it heads east and the coastal bombs coming up the coast? just looks like the band is snowing itself out. im looking at my GRlevel3 and looked that way. honest question

I think it'll just shift eastward over time. I don't see any arguments for it to strengthen as it heads east. But the best frontogenesis will shift that way over time and the better lift for heavy precipitation should follow. If anything the models are hinting that it may weaken as it moves north and east...but most of our area as far as LI/SW CT is concerned should be good. 

Question for the Upton guys. On the SPC site under the "heavy rain" tab, can we use the upwind propagation vector option for snow during winter storms? It seems logical when we've got high ratio snow blowing up the corridor and falling in places miles away from where it actually falls.

HMOG - Holy Mother of God!  Snow is just ripping!  Last measured at 5 pm and had 6" - must have 8" by now.  About to head out to the local pub (Hailey's) in Metuchen. 

Dude, walking while drunk in the snow can be hazardous:) my nephew lives in town but he's from Colombia and you won't see him out in this! I'm going with your 8 for Colonia as well. Thanks for measuring so I don't have to!

Archived