amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
1/21 clipper/coastal

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is intact from Philly ,NYC through Boston and points SE , The SLP is the same spot

No 2 runs are gona be carbon copies , its shave the NW side a bit , not because the center went S and E or  because it weakened it .

Solutions on the fringes wobble on every run , and figuring out where the 4 inch line is instead of the 6 inch line

will shake itself out in the end .

Yanksfan I agree with you with the cutoff but its not Feb 2010, more like 12/19/09

Yes Earthlight is correct, I shouldn't have made that reference. I'm still haunted by that storm. Went to be with a WSW for 4-8", woke up to virga. Saw zero accumulations. You never want to be right on the edge. Luckily the cut off doesn't appear to be as extreme for our area.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER
COUNTY...AND SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD COUNTY.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES.

* WINDS...NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

* WIND CHILLS...AS LOW AS 10 BELOW ZERO LATE TUESDAY NIGHT.

* TEMPERATURES...10 TO 19.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

* TIMING...SNOWFALL WILL BEGIN LATE TUESDAY MORNING AND WILL
CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT...TAPERING OFF EARLY WEDNESDAY
MORNING. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND
EVENING.

Only a Winter Weather Advisory for 4-6" in the Great Northwest! Grrrrr! Of course, when I awoke yesterday AM, I thought I wasn't going to see a flake. I'll take it!

I hear you- I'm up in Orange County - 4-6 would be a perfectly decent event from how things looked a day or two ago.

For those who are interested, below is the storm total precipitation for the last three runs of the NAM:

01202014_2.jpg

All in all, it is still a very nice storm on the 18z NAM, though the area of heaviest qpf is slightly further south and east this time around.

Notice that the last off run shifts a bit S&E and it didn't revert to the 06Z run? There's some hints that it may pull off its' outrageous run by tonight. 

The NAM is showing 1-3" per hour rates within the banding. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390250539.792668.jpg

Extrapolate that banding NE and nassua and suffolk get slammed with the good banding as well. Im really hoping to experience thundersnow as well, this storm looks like it could produce just that for a period overnight tuesday into early wednesday morning

Archived