Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
1/21 clipper/coastal

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The models may be too fast with the Arctic front , its in WPA . I think its a little closer to the coast

and not 150 miles SE of us  .

So if theres gona be a tick in the QPF . Maybe the models slow the front down

and that's how we get a more tucked in solution .

As it is the lift with this is great , Banding , thunder all of that is possible which will only enhance rates .

I think .75 is doable from the city S and E , and 15 to 1 ratios at a min . but if someone woke up on LI Wed AM

and got 12 to 15 after being under a band , I wouldn't be shocked .

This thing is insane. It has been trending more and more west over the last 36 hours. I'm sitting here at work eagerly awaiting the 12Z Euro, and i think that the 18Z GFS/NAM could cause some potential stormgasms. Lets hope the lift allows for the banding to occur a little NW of the current forecast so that NW NJ doesn't get shafted like many of the models are showing.

That being said, I just told all of my non weather friends that this is the kind of storm that could make us look like idiots if it wavers 40 miles farther out east and much of the area only gets 1 inch. I was just listening to the radio at work and the meteororlogist said 2-3 inches. He clearly hasnt looked at anything since the 0Z's...probably a pre recorded radio hit

The Euro QPF placement is still SE of the consensus but a major improvement from prior runs. Snow maps spitting out a large swath of 2-4" with 4-6" on a narrow band from eastern central NJ, Long Island and extreme eastern New England. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Euro is still playing catch up.

I still dont get .5" in a longer duration event with that kind of storm that may stall for several hours as well if modeled correctly? Im thinking QPF should be for coastal areas more like 1" and lesser as you head west. Maybe im missing something especially since this looks noticably bigger for snowfall total for LI as well

Euro with a major cave to all other models, but not quite as amplified as the GFS or Canadian model suite. Looks like 0.25-0.50 for all but I would imagine closer to .4 in most locations.

Not that it really matters..this model has been playing catchup for two days now.

Just read your Facebook chat...my god that was exhausting.. How do you do it without screaming or large quantities of liquor?

Archived