• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 21-22 maybe January 24th potential very cold snow event. It's gonna snow dammit!

weathafella

on the Euro, we need to be specific at all times with him

Just starting to pay attention to Tue/wed...the Euro is  not going to handle this well I don't think...been too flat and weak with every other one of these all winter.  Split the gap right now on the Euro/GFS but with that in mind that opens up the door to better wind directions and OES potential.

Nice look for Tuesday into Wednesday AM in SE areas.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just starting to pay attention to Tue/wed...the Euro is not going to handle this well I don't think...been too flat and weak with every other one of these all winter. Split the gap right now on the Euro/GFS but with that in mind that opens up the door to better wind directions and OES potential.

Nice look for Tuesday into Wednesday AM in SE areas.

o

Yea looks like the Cape does well, let's see if we can sneak a 2005 in between Arctic intrusions

The EURO isn't the model to rely on in my opinion, if it comes into agreement that's cool, but its not needed to have confidence in a snow event in my opinion, to be honest its been quite bad and the last one to shift northwestward into agreement with the rest of the guidance.  To me I would watch the trends of the model suite over one model.  If the CMC/UKMET/GFS/NAM/NAM hires/SREFs all show something happening for Cape Cod, and the EURO is the only one not showing anything worth mentioning, I just chalk it up to something like its the last one to the table once again.

What do those models show for e mass generally?

The Tuesday night deal could have a nice fronto band on the NW side...even the Euro is keying on this despite the QPF looking pretty meh...its one reason why looking at QPF isn't always the greatest idea. I mean you cna look at it to give a general idea, but when you start seeing fronto banding and omega in snowgrowth region, then you get some alarm bells going off.

The Cape could def get a decent event out of this. How much further NW it gets is still up in the air, however.

I really like the look of things for SE SNE, including BOS.  I think the NAM is even better than it looks.  And the SREFs are chock full of maulings.

Yeah, with the seasonal trend, there's no doubt this is a good hit for a good chunk of SNE, especially the eastern half.  Eastern areas have been racking up over-performers this year.  I bet this is a good hit for them.

watching his Pats get smoked?

Haha, I just haven't seen him post in a while too.  He was always a good voice of reality and watched a bunch of SNE storms from the outside.  Nice to see him possibly getting one.

This looks right up your ally Ginxy... maybe a little banding there on the NW side in eastern CT?

Haha, I just haven't seen him post in a while too. He was always a good voice of reality and watched a bunch of SNE storms from the outside. Nice to see him possibly getting one.

This looks right up your ally Ginxy... maybe a little banding there on the NW side in eastern CT?

would be a nice little event, been looking at grass for ten days.

Yeah, with the seasonal trend, there's no doubt this is a good hit for a good chunk of SNE, especially the eastern half. Eastern areas have been racking up over-performers this year. I bet this is a good hit for them.

eastern areas crushed last feb and march too, burying many western zones for seasonal totals! i would gladly go through a two year drought for what eastern areas and much of ct has experienced in recent winters!

Archived