• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 21-22 maybe January 24th potential very cold snow event. It's gonna snow dammit!

weathafella

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohs noes it is the low road! :axe:

Maybe we get into the love a little later in the week.  I know you were starting to like the weekend.

I won't say "like", but that's our relaxation between arctic shots. Some models/ens members are interesting, but that's about it right now. I don't want to muck up this thread with that though. Hopefully the Cape gets some good accums.

heh, funny Jerry -- I was looking at the guidance since 00z (just operational ... haven't dug deep) and thinking maybe I'd suggest changing the title of this back to the 22-23rd idea, then I see you've beat me to it! 

Yeah, the 12z GFS brought that mid week deal back pretty robustly, though not enough to be a major player.  Still, that movement/trend, when considering it was smartly more impacting in the runs a few days ago, could be telling... Also, not to roll eyes, but that NAVGEM model also trended... The 00z UKMET was slightly W of it's previous 00z solution too..

Part of pattern recognition is 'behavior' and it seems we are doing a bit better for winter weather enthusiasts relative to these 60 hour lead time model runs that seemed deliberately programmed to deconstruct probabilities... haha.  We'll see... 

Then where is he getting each event is 2-4 inches for everyone?

The EURO isn't the model to rely on in my opinion, if it comes into agreement that's cool, but its not needed to have confidence in a snow event in my opinion, to be honest its been quite bad and the last one to shift northwestward into agreement with the rest of the guidance.  To me I would watch the trends of the model suite over one model.  If the CMC/UKMET/GFS/NAM/NAM hires/SREFs all show something happening for Cape Cod, and the EURO is the only one not showing anything worth mentioning, I just chalk it up to something like its the last one to the table once again.

Archived