12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2014 Pattern Discussion Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Sabremetrics don't work in weather. I don't agree with regression. I believe in the law of averages . Mother Nature gave this area several monster storms because we hadn't seen any like it in like 30+ years . Maybe we still are "due" a few more before it ends for another period of years

Aren't these the same basic premise? You regress to the mean because over a long period of time with sufficient samples you will come out near average.

You can't always roll 7s and 11s, eventually you will crap out. Like many have said, it may not be this year. You could get smoked by the next big storm and come out at or above normal for the year, but eventually you will string together some below normals too.

The ski areas outside of reindeer sweater world aren't bad at all. Oh well. It's going to happen.

What parts aren't bad, lol. (Speaking natural snow). The bare ground to the top of Cannon on January 13th or the near record low snow in the MWN Ravines or southern VT with only patches of snow on steep north-facing hills above 2,000ft?

I guess it's been a decent year relative to normal for WaWa though. Although the NH/ME areas will be closer to average than here seeing the average is like 50% lower and they got hit by several of those December systems.

6z gfs is interesting on 22nd for the Cape. Definitely a western outlier but something to keep an eye on down there.

Tim Kelly was texting me this morning on his way to NECN and I asked him if we'd get another 12" this month to avoid a sad top 3 worst January...he said, "yes, even if I have to truck it in from Cape Cod." lol

What parts aren't bad, lol. (Speaking natural snow). The bare ground to the top of Cannon on January 13th or the near record low snow in the MWN Ravines or southern VT with only patches of snow on steep north-facing hills above 2,000ft?

I guess it's been a decent year relative to normal for WaWa though. Although the NH/ME areas will be closer to average than here seeing the average is like 50% lower and they got hit by several of those December systems.

Pics I saw from NH and ME. Yours is coming in Feb.

He will be fine. My words to him were for the winter. I stand by it.

Yeah I have high hopes for Feb and March.  That's a dangerous game having "high hopes" as the disappointment factor grows quickly, haha.  But got nothing to lose at this point.

What are you thinking for fine?  Is that like maybe we can eek to 75% of average or something?  One or two solid events won't save this...its gotta come in hard.  The Co-op measuring can averages 1.6-1.8" per day during the bulk of winter, snowboard is more like 2.1-2.3" per day.  These long dry stretches are just killing us relative to normal, as each day that goes

Anyway, BTV has been joining the "punt team"...hopefully we all get on the "punt return team" after February 1st.

BY FRIDAY NIGHT SOUTHERLY FLOW RETURNS AS SFC RIDGE DEPARTS EAST

ALLOWING TEMPERATURES TO CLIMB SLOWLY...REACHING NEAR MID-WINTER

SEASONAL NORMS FOR ONE BRIEF DAY ON SATURDAY. ADDITIONAL NORTHERN

STREAM ENERGY ACCOMPANIED BY YET ANOTHER IMPRESSIVE ARCTIC BOUNDARY

TO THEN SWEEP INTO THE REGION BY LATER SATURDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT WHERE

I`LL MAINTAIN SOLID CHC POPS FOR SLIGHTLY BETTER COVERAGE OF SHSN.

BEHIND THIS FRONT...ALL INDICATIONS SUGGEST WE`LL ONCE AGAIN ENTER

THE DEEP FREEZE FOR AT LEAST A FEW MORE DAYS FROM NEXT SUNDAY ONWARD

AS ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE REASSERTS ITSELF ACROSS THE NORTHEAST. WISH

I COULD PAINT A MORE INTERESTING AND/OR COMFORTABLE PATTERN...BUT

ALL INDICATIONS SUGGEST VERY COLD AND DRY THROUGH THE END OF THE

MONTH.

Yeah I have high hopes for Feb and March.  That's a dangerous game having "high hopes" as the disappointment factor grows quickly, haha.  But got nothing to lose at this point.

What are you thinking for fine?  Is that like maybe we can eek to 75% of average or something?  One or two solid events won't save this...its gotta come in hard.  The Co-op measuring can averages 1.6-1.8" per day during the bulk of winter, snowboard is more like 2.1-2.3" per day.  These long dry stretches are just killing us relative to normal, as each day that goes

Anyway, BTV has been joining the "punt team"...hopefully we all get on the "punt return team" after February 1st.

BY FRIDAY NIGHT SOUTHERLY FLOW RETURNS AS SFC RIDGE DEPARTS EAST

ALLOWING TEMPERATURES TO CLIMB SLOWLY...REACHING NEAR MID-WINTER

SEASONAL NORMS FOR ONE BRIEF DAY ON SATURDAY. ADDITIONAL NORTHERN

STREAM ENERGY ACCOMPANIED BY YET ANOTHER IMPRESSIVE ARCTIC BOUNDARY

TO THEN SWEEP INTO THE REGION BY LATER SATURDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT WHERE

I`LL MAINTAIN SOLID CHC POPS FOR SLIGHTLY BETTER COVERAGE OF SHSN.

BEHIND THIS FRONT...ALL INDICATIONS SUGGEST WE`LL ONCE AGAIN ENTER

THE DEEP FREEZE FOR AT LEAST A FEW MORE DAYS FROM NEXT SUNDAY ONWARD

AS ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE REASSERTS ITSELF ACROSS THE NORTHEAST. WISH

I COULD PAINT A MORE INTERESTING AND/OR COMFORTABLE PATTERN...BUT

ALL INDICATIONS SUGGEST VERY COLD AND DRY THROUGH THE END OF THE

MONTH.

Probably near to perhaps a little above? I just think you are more favored as we enter Feb. I feel like it could be a gradient pattern for you.

Probably near to perhaps a little above? I just think you are more favored as we enter Feb. I feel like it could be a gradient pattern for you.

nice... haha it just started snowing moderately and I wish I was videotaping the response from staff and guests here.  This huge cheer just went up and you can hear people hooting and hollering in the parking lot.  Its so comical.  We live and die with this stuff, lol.

Archived