Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 2014 Pattern Discussion Part II

Typhoon Tip

12/1

Eh, you can go back and find more days below normal to even out. After tomorrow those departures go bye bye.

Well not really.  From about 12/1 to 12/31 there were an almost dead even number of above or below normal days in Boston.   And the point was to take the 30 or so running day total....because most people don't remember whether strictly by month, it's what it has done lately.

On the same token when this mini ice age sets in all anyone will remember is how cold the TV tells them it is.

that's a classic cherry pick, helluva thaw, still going to average below normal despite it.

Cherry pick..how do you cherry pick a running 30 day total?   The month of December had 15 days above, 1 even, and 16 above (extra day because of the date of reports).     There's been no book end, no end to end cold, just oscillating periods.

Brutal stretch coming in....but we'll survive.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12/1

Well not really. From about 12/1 to 12/31 there were an almost dead even number of above or below normal days in Boston. And the point was to take the 30 or so running day total....because most people don't remember whether strictly by month, it's what it has done lately.

On the same token when this mini ice age sets in all anyone will remember is how cold the TV tells them it is.

Cherry pick..how do you cherry pick a running 30 day total? The month of December had 15 days above, 1 even, and 16 above (extra day because of the date of reports). There's been no book end, no end to end cold, just oscillating periods.

Brutal stretch coming in....but we'll survive.

The month was below normal. I don't see your point.

That predominantly the days over the last month have been above normal and during that time departures are positive. Boston is above for January to date. No endless days of winter

We're +4.2F through yesterday at BTV for the month. Will be tough to get it below normal, although it will certainly try the next week.

We're +4.2F through yesterday at BTV for the month. Will be tough to get it below normal, although it will certainly try the next week.

They will be +5 after today. Though even then, they still may go below average for the month with the impressive negatives the final 10 days.

They will be +5 after today. Though even then, they still may go below average for the month with the impressive negatives the final 10 days.

quick perusal of BTV GFS Gridded data says they average around 1.5 from tomorrow until the end of the month,around 17 below normal. Good bet they finish below for the month if the GFS is right

That predominantly the days over the last month have been above normal and during that time departures are positive. Boston is above for January to date. No endless days of winter

Alright so who cares? My snow has also been above avg. Kind of a cherry picking stat to drive home a pessimist point. 

Looks fairly cold and dry for most areas until the next cutter, probably between 1/30 and 2/3.  Not an enthusiast winter, that's for sure.

bumpable post for sure.

epicosity is coming.  way too much data for way too long.  another cold shot probably comes in 28-30th.  probably relaxes after that but perhaps that relax includes a stahm, especially up our way.

Looks fairly cold and dry for most areas until the next cutter, probably between 1/30 and 2/3. Not an enthusiast winter, that's for sure.

meanwhile you are in third place for most snow in Kevin in Mas snow total thread and you are above normal for the date. The trolling by peeps who have had decent snows is by far more annoying than anything else.

meanwhile you are in third place for most snow in Kevin in Mas snow total thread and you are above normal for the date. The trolling by peeps who have had decent snows is by far more annoying than anything else.

Ya'll should just stop responding to it.

There's been plenty of useful information on how the pattern is most favored to transpire.

weather and snowfall isn't a competition.  I think that concept is pretty silly. 

39" is perhaps near average. The fact is, it's been a pretty mediocre winter overall.  It's going to take a blockbuster February to make it a memorable winter and I just don't see anything remotely close to that occurring.

weather and snowfall isn't a competition.  I think that concept is pretty silly. 

39" is perhaps near average. The fact is, it's been a pretty mediocre winter overall.  It's going to take a blockbuster February to make it a memorable winter and I just don't see anything remotely close to that occurring.

If one takes it seriously then it is.

I don't see anything wrong with adding an element of competitiveness for fun...

I'm trying to figure out why the NAM was more amplified than prior runs with the S/W structure in the OV, but then oddly ... poof.  It just loses it spontaneously... It just sort of stops conserving the momentum it had ...approximately crossing 80W.  

What physical process are there that slow wind down when approaching the nadir of a trough.  

wtf 

I'm trying to figure out why the NAM was more amplified than prior runs with the S/W structure in the OV, but then oddly ... poof.  It just loses it spontaneously... It just sort of stops conserving the momentum it had ...approximately crossing 80W.  

What physical process are there that slow wind down when approaching the nadir of a trough.  

wtf 

BECAUSE IT BLOWS

Archived