Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2014 Pattern Discussion Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK, I guess some people thought we would stay -20 850s for the rest of winter? The so called relaxation is still -8 ish, its balls winter  bare ground as far as the eye can see in the third week of January. with increasing amounts of snow chances, what the hell Pickles is talking about is very odd. I really wish he would look at some models before making a post.

That is the problem.  Maybe for some areas having periods of bare ground is normal  It is not for many. 

I dont look at op gfs past 180hr. Ensembles, yes. Then i rely on you and others thoughts...

As you should. I don think the comment of the GFS was meant to be a forecast either...just a comment. Sometimes the op runs give clues if they sustain a trend, and sometimes like last week you wipe your behind with them.

You guys crack me up...both sides are equally as bad. The epic winter and the cutters.

It's a bad post to mention cutter at hour 384 and a good post to mention snow and cold in the long range too.

Well there is a difference. It's bad to mention a specific event like a cutter 384 hrs out. It's ok to describe a general pattern as being warm or cold. You guys will catch up as we relax. Trust me. You'll start probably within a week.

You guys crack me up...both sides are equally as bad. The epic winter and the cutters.

It's a bad post to mention cutter at hour 384 and a good post to mention snow and cold in the long range too.

It's ok to mention both..That's not the issue..

The problem is someone then thinks becasue it's got a blizzard at hour 320 or a cutter at 240..that it's right.

Then the posts start coming about mud, and it's fitting that it will be muddy and mild for the Super Bowl..or below zero with 3 feet in 7 hours falling.

The problem is someone then thinks becasue it's got a blizzard at hour 320 or a cutter at 240..that it's right.

Then the posts start coming about mud, and it's fitting that it will be muddy and mild for the Super Bowl..or below zero with 3 feet in 7 hours falling.

+1

Yeah that's very true.

And coastal you're right about the pattern. I just always get a chuckle out of the barrage that comes after some even allude to something less favorable for snow. If Cpick posted something about a bunch of snow it would quickly be passed by as just another post on AMWX, lol.

Everyone keeps thinking this "next" cold snap is the coming of Leon and the beginning of wall to wall winter. I think you'd agree it's still going to fluctuate quite a bit.

Some good ole cold and dry, then a cutter then a reload . Im gonna try to 6 rainers in january and like -4 departures on the month.

That would actually be pretty funny--all the talk of super cold/farmer's almanac blizzard/moving the game etc...and then verification is 45 and light rain or something like that....what a joke.

Please dont equate these statements with mentioning a a cutter. 

But peeps like to stir the pot posting 384hr op gfs run showing cutter, huh? Same exception different side of extremes when weenies post 300hr+ fantasy BECS....works both ways.

Of course it does. The response is usually a little different though haha. People generally don't quote those with long range blizzards as "when did you become a horrible poster"... More like "haha that would be awesome but you're smoking he hemp again."

Yeah that's very true.

And coastal you're right about the pattern. I just always get a chuckle out of the barrage that comes after some even allude to something less favorable for snow. If Cpick posted something about a bunch of snow it would quickly be passed by as just another post on AMWX, lol.

No Scott if he said that when the forecast was for +10 850s  he would get reeled in and you know it.

Let's hope the euro guidance is correct with snow later this week or the lawns that are bare will be destroyed by the cold.

Part of the reason I mowed yesterday to lower the grass and also to get up debris is I want deep penetration of the cold into the lawn, bug death ftw. Especially with a high likelihood of bare ground.

Until I see Phil pop up I know there's really nothing to look at for the cape

Yeah that's very true.

I'm almost afraid to post about how a pattern looks anymore because it seems like people twist it around. I have to be careful with my words.

Archived