Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Medium Range Model Disco

Ji

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

avoid 40N forums...CTBlizz is jackpotted

lol- not even remotely worried. You could see the phase coming. gfs has it too just not the exact same time. 

IF it happens as advertised we'll do quite well. I'm pretty sure a surface low will get cranking further south and nice baroclinic zone with such cold air over land. It's a great run obviously. 

Interestingly there's another setup on the heels. Vort diving down the rockies in front of another shot of arctic air and weak slp near the tx panhandle. It's a great run even though it stole some clippers from us 

yes...was just going to say that....if we cant get real snow...we may as well get modeled snow!

I know I'm not supposed to but I can't resist this height anom map. The loop looks exactly like what HM was describing. PNA ridge retros and -epo goes ballistic and then curls around blocks everything up. Pretty sick stuff. We can only hope it verifies in some form or another. It would take some time to break down at high latitudes. -nao Feb?  

post-2035-0-60659600-1389900076_thumb.jp

We're going to get an area wide 4-8" storm in the next few weeks. I feel it....

We'd have seen like 10 4-8" and a couple 12"+ last few winters if "I feel it" worked around here.  

And kudos to mappy. 

Archived