Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Medium Range Model Disco

Ji

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isn't that the 1/22 system a bit early?

flow is so fast who knows which vort is which and how it will play out We just need one to get some kind of surface low south of us. Dealing with 50 mile needs and wishcasts on a global model is precarious. At least the period won't be boring. Well, except for Ji. I'll track anything so I'm good. 

flow is so fast who knows which vort is which and how it will play out We just need one to get some kind of surface low south of us. Dealing with 50 mile needs and wishcasts on a global model is precarious. At least the period won't be boring. Well, except for Ji. I'll track anything so I'm good. 

I figure something might Richmond us...though richmond tends to get Richmonded more than we do

I figure something might Richmond us...though richmond tends to get Richmonded more than we do

they are fun with realistic expectations. We share the same views. Dang cold upstairs and possible sub-freezing at the surface for any of them including dc. they seem to want to time at night. At least whatever falls will be high ratio and stick. I'm in. 

they are fun with realistic expectations. We share the same views. Dang cold upstairs and possible sub-freezing at the surface for any of them including dc. they seem to want to time at night. At least whatever falls will be high ratio and stick. I'm in. 

I am sure most of us will be fine with a 1-2... true we would like more, but thats as much we usually get from a clipper anyway.

Once the pv parks n and ne of us the flow of ns vorts will change. gfs shows one getting below us on the 23rd. Flat flow out front doesn't do us any favors but it's a digital vort so who cares. 50/50 feature in place 

Yeah, GFS is a little closer to something interesting for the 23rd.  Euro seems to like that period.  Perhaps this a step in the Euro's direction. Having the 500mb low in eastern Quebec is better than Ontario, but it would be better farther east of course. 

We've got 4 vorts between tomorrow and next Thursday.  I think we've got good odds that at least one of them will give most of us (i.e., everyone but DCA) a 1-2" with maybe isolated 3".  And probably 1-2 cartoppers beyond that.  I'm pretty good with that. 

Yeah, GFS is a little closer to something interesting for the 23rd.  Euro seems to like that period.  Perhaps this a step in the Euro's direction. Having the 500mb low in eastern Quebec is better than Ontario, but it would be better farther east of course. 

We've got 4 vorts between tomorrow and next Thursday.  I think we've got good odds that at least one of them will give most of us (i.e., everyone but DCA) a 1-2" with maybe isolated 3".  And probably 1-2 cartoppers beyond that.  I'm pretty good with that. 

I shouldn't have said 50/50. Just better h5 positioning and confluence. 

Last week of the month still looks fun. Broad trough in the east allows for longer tracks and a lot more moisture (potentially). Flow details are sketchy at best as far as track. We could get southern sliderdid, classic nw track disasterness, and the extremely rare bullseye. I'm in. 

GFS gives us 4-6" around 26-28th...once we get a southern stream involved I'll get more excited, but that period has been highlighted for sure

At least we have a d10.5 larger event to track now. It's THE ONE

And man, it's dang cold on this run. People will be skating on the canal. 

GFS is pretty nice door-to-door IMO.  Certainly a storm signal for the 27th-ish.  Can see a piece of the EPO/PNA ridge break off a bit over the top and form a bit of a west-based NAO, while the PV is underneath providing the confluence.  Good look. 

GFS is pretty nice door-to-door IMO. Certainly a storm signal for the 27th-ish. Can see a piece of the EPO/PNA ridge break off a bit over the top and form a bit of a west-based NAO, while the PV is underneath providing the confluence. Good look.

Yes. GFS is showing one of the scenarios that would occur if the ridge breaks off. If that feature occurs, this will end any kind of dc snow drought.

HM's popularity poll just put a hole in my roof.

The one thing I really liked about the op run was no retreating of the cold. That's worrisome without a block. It's how we get rained on in between bookend freezer visits. Been there done that a couple times already. Maybe we won't this time. It's a different pattern than the last 2 cold periods. Retrograding pna & -epo reload FTW

You're missing the point here with the break off. Regardless of what happens over Greenland, the break off and pv to the east would lock cold air in as moisture intercepts. It would basically do what a -NAO would do, but maybe we have smaller room for poor timing or something.

Archived