Newest Member
    joxey
Medium Range Model Disco

Ji

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the weekend clipper? did it just washout over the mountains

It's there but there's another low to the north of it that kinda sucks the life out as it crossed the mountains. It's fast flow with closely spaced features. It's likely that future model runs will show better solutions before taking them away again. 

It's there but there's another low to the north of it that kinda sucks the life out as it crossed the mountains. It's fast flow with closely spaced features. It's likely that future model runs will show better solutions before taking them away again.

I think it's likely that f'ing low will never, ever get out of our way.

euro pretty close to a storm at day 6.it does give us rain/snow....I've dubbed it the Heartbreaker

Looks a tad warm because a low track just to the northwest of us before reforming.  It's the closest to a real system and is 6 days away so it's certainly worth watching though I think you name for it probably will be well deserved.   

Looks a tad warm because a low track just to the northwest of us before reforming.  It's the closest to a real system and is 6 days away so it's certainly worth watching though I think you name for it probably will be well deserved.   

What do we root for here? Simply a further south track of the northern low with more dig do it can phase better? Looks messy and tricky. Easy to be bearish for now.  

Well, next friday now looks interesting.. another ns vort but with no low to the north. trying to get organized for a central va special

That's our bst chance until somehow a low gets north of us.  You'd think one of these clippers would finally clip us.  I don't see any signs of a southern stream through the day 10 forecast but do see a clippe getting to our south.  Unfortunately,  lots of time for the weather gods to mess things up.

What do we root for here? Simply a further south track of the northern low with more dig do it can phase better? Looks messy and tricky. Easy to be bearish for now.  

Enough digging and separation of the vort from the flow to take the low south of us.  Then we'd have a chance.  Without a good block or southern stream, all our systems are likely to be messy and tricky. 

I saw that on Wunderground map....what's it surface temps or just lack of qpf?

Both. 35* contour is west of 95 and only .1 or so falls. It's a total skipover. 

The main reason I'm bearish (other than the gfs being progressive and a no nevermind) is the northern low is just too far north. Yea, the euro keeps showing a stream out of the gulf but we suffer bad in the temps dept and redevelopment is too late. 

Still a lot of time but we need the ns vort and low to dig a good bit further south before we can get excited for anything. Otherwise we won't have the temps even if some overunning out of the gulf makes it overhead. 

Actually there is. Ensembles a good bit more bullish with the d9-10 threat. Moisture out of the gulf up the ec. Spits a tenth or two over the 24 hour period but the look is much different than the op. 

It's THE ONE

thats the HM threat

Archived