CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 18-19th "Threat"

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a system that in the old days on WWBB..Messenger would have been all over. It reminds me so much of some of those storms in 2005 where they looked like smaller deals and ended up coming back  bigger and way NW.

I'd expect him to start jumping on this one soon

Those were the good ol' days. I knew this CT Blizz guy that liked cool wx in the Summer too.

Are Jerry and I the only ones that didn't change our screen names?  Wow though, can't believe I've "known" some of you guys for that long  :popcorn:

I didn't join WWBB until 2004-2005 winter (lurked though from 2002-2004), but I never changed by screename.

I like these +PNA patterns because sometimes these little embedded shortwaves can amplify on us quickly. Some of those events in 2005 reminded me of that...same with Jan 2009 (esp MLK weekend). We'll see on this one upcoming. It's not ideal and there's still a good chance it could miss or just be a coating...however, there are a few things going for it as well.

This is a system that in the old days on WWBB..Messenger would have been all over. It reminds me so much of some of those storms in 2005 where they looked like smaller deals and ended up coming back  bigger and way NW.

I'd expect him to start jumping on this one soon

Models just don't have many major misses inside of 60 or 72 hours these days.  Although this event looks interesting the potential upside is limited and with that so is my interest.

If we get inside of 42-48 hours and it still looks promising I'll perk up.  Right now...too wet and warm to care!

For your area...I agree.

Not for the eastern half of New England.

I think you are slightly biased by recent runs of the Euro.  To me it doesn't look much better than the preceeding waves for any area.  Same story... weak baroclinicity, wave intererence, low pressure in the Lakes, positively tiled trof.

I think you are slightly biased by recent runs of the Euro.  To me it doesn't look much better than the preceeding waves for any area.  Same story... weak baroclinicity, wave intererence, low pressure in the Lakes, positively tiled trof.

You were the one posting all about how we could see snow Thursday and Saturday and most were wondering what you were talking about.

Archived