• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 18-19th "Threat"

jamesnichols1989

Well another toaster bath in VT. You can tell BTV is getting tired of it too, adding emotions to the AFD, haha. But we'll "get ours" sometime I guess (sigh).

&& Near term /until 6 PM this evening/... as of 400 am EST Saturday...challenging forecast over the next 24 hours as models continue to struggle to resolve surface and middle level features and their associated moisture and lift. Have made several modifications from the previous forecast based on changes in guidance...generally offering much less snow (sigh) across most of the north country today and tonight.

I got what seemed like a very exasperated message from them this morning about slashing PoP across VT. Definitely didn't seem like a happy chat message.The good news is if BTV decides to take the collective toaster bath, we don't back them up.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got what seemed like a very exasperated message from them this morning about slashing PoP across VT. Definitely didn't seem like a happy chat message.The good news is if BTV decides to take the collective toaster bath, we don't back them up.

For them boredom has got to be setting in.

Hopefully it's all about to change

It's a desperate situation. Punt still in the air and sailing, lol.

It has been so freakin ridiculous though so far this winter. Everyone up here is a snow lover and mentioning Jan 2014 will give people the shakes. It's just a mood that's hanging over the state...really hard to describe for those whose populations aren't completely invested (emotionally and financially) in winter.

Every little miss now will get play on the news, lol. Starting at 6am, the top story, "Will it ever snow more than 2" again?"

It's a desperate situation. Punt still in the air and sailing, lol.

It has been so freakin ridiculous though so far this winter. Everyone up here is a snow lover and mentioning Jan 2014 will give people the shakes. It's just a mood that's hanging over the state...really hard to describe for those whose populations aren't completely invested (emotionally and financially) in winter.

Every little miss now will get play on the news, lol. Starting at 6am, the top story, "Will it ever snow more than 2" again?"

Burke only with 13 of 55. Can't imagine how bad it is for the lowlands sports like snow mobiles etc.

I just wonder if the pattern is really going to change enough to bring you the goods in time.

6Z GFS and Euro look very similar with their QPF distribution/bullseye. SREFs are still aggressive despite the NAM shifting SE. The models are looking warmer in the BL even up here. I think I like 3-5" here.

I have a hard time seeing the super mild (mid/upper 30s) guidance forecasts. I was feeling generous and have you a tickle under 5".

Of course, the QPF issue is raised for the folks out this far away from the builk of the precip.  ZFP/PnC/map all show me with 2-4" whcih is nicie.  I like the added inch they have dropping in here tomorrow.  We'll see soon enough on both counts.

26.7/25

MPM you'd love the 6z BTV4... run total through Monday morning so it includes the Sunday FROPA event.

Archived