Newest Member
    amirah5
January 3-6th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice.

I think storm impacts will be greater than what we saw on 12/15/2007...maybe a cross between that and Feb 2007.  Between cleanup and extreme temps, LAF will essentially be shut down on Monday.

Sort of obvious but anyone who has to shovel should probably try to get it done as soon as possible after the snow ends.  Won't be fun being out there in such cold weather.

I think storm impacts will be greater than what we saw on 12/15/2007...maybe a cross between that and Feb 2007.  Between cleanup and extreme temps, LAF will essentially be shut down on Monday.

Sort of obvious but anyone who has to shovel should probably try to get it done as soon as possible after the snow ends.  Won't be fun being out there in such cold weather.

Cleaned up the driveway from the previous snow.  Put a nice layer of salt over the driveway to at least try and stay ahead of it..

im liking 10+ where Im at but the nam scares me a bit. Everything else looks good though. even the far nw rgem. I know its going to suck but I hope we get some wind chills to -50f just to have that expirence.

The way it's going to blow, may be all for naught.

I think storm impacts will be greater than what we saw on 12/15/2007...maybe a cross between that and Feb 2007. Between cleanup and extreme temps, LAF will essentially be shut down on Monday.

Sort of obvious but anyone who has to shovel should probably try to get it done as soon as possible after the snow ends. Won't be fun being out there in such cold weather.

Most definitely. Might be a ghost town on Monday. I know I'm headed to the store this evening to get some food and beer...so I can sit back and watch it out the window.

Finally caught up reading this thread after coming back from New Year's Holiday in Calumet region where I enjoyed the snow there.  I'm calling for a foot here in my Elkhart part of Michiana and am interested in Izzi's concerns for blizzard potential being met in se portions of the LOT area and on into IN.  I'm most impressed in the extensiveness of this system to share the wealth with many in our subforum.  Thinking back to storms of the late 70's and how this winter season is progressing nicely compared to recent seasons.

You know has anyone looked at the contour maps from the January 31, 1982 storm? This one IMO looks identical to it and the pattern is extremely similar, the only difference is the PV on this one is stronger

1982_jan_31_snowfall_contour.gif

IMO because of a stronger high diving in this one should be a tad more westerly than the current picture is showing, but nevertheless history shows what storms like this usually do, and discredits some of these extreme NW shifts even moreso

01_31_1982_12z_Surface_Temp_SLP.png

Archived