12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 3-6th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

back to light misty snow here now.  that band moved through here quickly... maybe DVN is on to something.  although more bands are organizing to our W per the radar. 

The 19z HRRR seems like it has a pretty decent handle on what's going on at the moment.  Looks like it sinks the band southeast to a bit southeast of the QC, but every run insists it flares back north a few rows of counties early to mid-evening and then holds.  If that happens we may indeed end up getting a decent amount of snow.  If it doesn't the party looks to be over pretty soon.

The 18z GFS finally (or almost) caves to the NAM/RGEM consensus. Final call for the Toronto area: 1-3" followed by rain and then a flash freeze after 2 am Monday morning.

EDIT: 18z GFS has a decent amount of snow (4-6") before changing to rain late Sunday evening.

Unbelievable aint it? Rejoice your snow-pack cause I doubt were going to see anything close to that in a looong time. Meanwhile, if we do see rain I'm taking a break from all this. My next semester in University starts next week. Atleast it'll keep me occupied from this crap. 

Enjoy! 

The 19z HRRR seems like it has a pretty decent handle on what's going on at the moment.  Looks like it sinks the band southeast to a bit southeast of the QC, but every run insists it flares back north a few rows of counties early to mid-evening and then holds.  If that happens we may indeed end up getting a decent amount of snow.  If it doesn't the party looks to be over pretty soon.

That's one extreme cut off in your area.

hrrr_t_precip_ne_16.png

Liking a range of 10-13" for LAF right now, though that will be too low if the wetter runs verify.  May need to adjust later.  Not quite sure if we will officially reach blizzard criteria but certainly a window of near-blizzard conditions at least. 

Very nice.

Unbelievable aint it? Rejoice your snow-pack cause I doubt were going to see anything close to that in a looong time. Meanwhile, if we do see rain I'm taking a break from all this. My next semester in University starts next week. Atleast it'll keep me occupied from this crap.

Enjoy!

Currently there's 3-4" on the ground downtown. The bottom inch of the snowpack is pure crusty ice from the leftover Dec. 14 snow plus the freezing rain from Dec. 21-22. The good news is that there will be snow on the ground Monday morning despite the rain.

The 18z RGEM holds serve from its 12z run.

Archived