amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Cold temps thread Fri/Sat Jan 3-4

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My window was frozen shut, had to work at it to get it open at all. It's *crazy* cold at your place though!

Coldest it has been in a long long time up here, Yesterdays high was -4F, We never saw a positive temp in 24 hrs, Which is amazing in itself, Going outside in these temps will take your breath away........

It would be better if his fingers got stuck to a mailbox so we wouldn't have to read his posts :D

:lmao:

-9.2 for the low here so far.  Would like to get to double digits.  I'll go on a limb and say I'll get there, but it could easily be something that just bounces around and the -9 is the low range of the bounce.  At this time of year, I frequentlyI do a good drop between now and 7:30.

-9.0/-13

Looks like a cold game is in store tomorrow in Green Bay.  Football the way it was meant to be.

This is also the time of year when I become concerned as to whether I had stocked up on enough wood for the season. 

The amount of wood burned isn't driven too much by temperatures--you either have the stoves going or you don't.  But when it's chilly like it's been, I always dread the idea that I might run out.  I typically go through about 35 logs over 24 hours.  I find myself doing math in my head as I continually assess the amount of wood remaining.  Note to self:  go crazy on the cutting this year.

Archived