northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Cold temps thread Fri/Sat Jan 3-4

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, but right now every ASOS site in New England with the exception of BAF, EEN, and AQW have wind. Generally not a good sign for really bottoming out.

It's only 1Z... The fact that those places have home calm and the high is still moving in I feel good about many areas.

1F here.

If we can avoid that cirrus it should be pretty damn chilly in the morning. Pittsburg already down to -20, Ekster's weenie thermometer already at -7. A balmy 0 in Portland.

Someone needs to develop a happenin' town along the St John River so I can move there. Nine Mile Bridge already -26F.

Well, even the highs today (7.7f here) were not really bootleg...lol

Yep def not a bootleg airmass. November 2012 was a good example of bootleg lows driving a lot of the cold anomalies once the legit airmass moved out. I figure the midnight lows tonight are a tradeoff for yesterday's midnight highs.

Well if you break below zero just before midnight that's a bootleg low. Kinda like the fake highs that get set just after midnight even though the rest of the day is colder.

I think his point was that it wasn't extremely bootleg. It's not as if it was 32F this AM and then we had the arctic fropa come through. 2F...-2F...pretty close.

Well if you break below zero just before midnight that's a bootleg low. Kinda like the fake highs that get set just after midnight even though the rest of the day is colder.

got it, really hoping ORH breaks the daily record of -3 set in 1904,they are -1 got down to -2 earlier after midnight.

Sorry if posted earlier, just saw this:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/03/prudential/7ZiLmx6YJ29le8SQAjuuKO/story.html

parts of Prudential Ctr mall flooded under 4" water, AMC Loews Boston Commons evacuated due to burst frozen pipes earlier today

Nothin' worse than frozen pipes, that must be a fustercluck.

Someone needs to develop a happenin' town along the St John River so I can move there. Nine Mile Bridge already -26F.

-20 in Sherbrooke. Let's go there instead. I'll never forget walking out of that Club Delight and not feeling a thing when it was 33 below, LOL

Some high temperatures from today:

Albany: 5° (lowest since 1/24/2011 when the temperature only reached 5°)

Boston: 14° (lowest since 1/24/2011 when the temperature only reached 13°)

Bridgeport: 14° (lowest since 1/15/2004 when the temperature only reached 13°)

Burlington: -3° (lowest since 1/21/2005 when the temperature only reached -3°)

Concord: 7° (lowest since 1/24/2011 when the temperature only reached 6°)

Hartford: 12° (lowest since 1/18/2005 when the temperature only reached 11°)

Providence: 17° (lowest since 1/23/2013 when the temperature only reached 16°)

Worcester: 9° (lowest since 1/24/2011 when the temperature only reached 8°)

Sorry if posted earlier, just saw this:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/03/prudential/7ZiLmx6YJ29le8SQAjuuKO/story.html

parts of Prudential Ctr mall flooded under 4" water, AMC Loews Boston Commons evacuated due to burst frozen pipes earlier today

exactly why I cranked the heat everywhere in my buildings before we left Thursday

Archived