northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Cold temps thread Fri/Sat Jan 3-4

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about 10 miles north of Worcester airport.  Currently -4.3/-11 here.  

The coldest temp I've recorded on my Davis was -13 on 1/24/11.  It was 4.4 above zero at this time on that night, so much colder tonight so far.  I'm hoping to see a new record low on the Davis tonight!

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMAJEFFE1&month=1&day=23&year=2011

FYP

Heh...that sounds more like me back then. That place was surreal for a college student pre-Sep 11. 30 mins north and you're away from the cows and drinking pitchers of long island iced teas legally at 18y/o and dancing in moving cages. Then on the way back customs just let's you back in like it's NBD. Loved it.

Gotta keep this a wx post so -10.3

-20 in Sherbrooke. Let's go there instead. I'll never forget walking out of that Club Delight and not feeling a thing when it was 33 below, LOL

Too funny!! been there done that. Coming back to the states I told my drunk passengers " no beer", meaning no open containers, dumbass in the back throws a twelve pack of bottles out the window about 30 feet from the checkpoint.

Too funny!! been there done that. Coming back to the states I told my drunk passengers " no beer", meaning no open containers, dumbass in the back throws a twelve pack of bottles out the window about 30 feet from the checkpoint.

Molson XXX and Labatts Bleue in the trunk FTW.

We were always honest going into Canada. We knew they knew what we were going up there for so we'd just tell them "we're going clubbing, we have a DD, and we'll be back tonight." They let us through, we'd exchange our money, and off to rt55 we went.

Heh...that sounds more like me back then. That place was surreal for a college student pre-Sep 11. 30 mins north and you're away from the cows and drinking pitchers of long island iced teas legally at 18y/o and dancing in moving cages. Then on the way back customs just let's you back in like it's NBD. Loved it.

Came back through Canaan one night and the border guard just poked his head out the door and waved us through without asking a question. Can't remember the name of the club we went to but about 5 dancers in the threw a male dancer out for the ladies in the crowd. For us four VT bumpkins it was quite a shock!

-16.2F. Just did the boiling water trick outside for my 9 year old, he loved it.

Molson XXX and Labatts Bleue in the trunk FTW.

We were always honest going into Canada. We knew they knew what we were going up there for so we'd just tell them "we're going clubbing, we have a DD, and we'll be back tonight." They let us through, we'd exchange our money, and off to rt55 we went.

First time we went up, car load of drunk guys "Sir we're looking for.." - take 143, second left at..yeah they knew.

Came back through Canaan one night and the border guard just poked his head out the door and waved us through without asking a question. Can't remember the name of the club we went to but about 5 dancers in the threw a male dancer out for the ladies in the crowd. For us four VT bumpkins it was quite a shock!

-16.2F. Just did the boiling water trick outside for my 9 year old, he loved it.

:)

i'll allow the off-topic. :-p

That cracked me up...the memories.

-12.4F...drop slowed a bit as the wind picked up slightly.

That cracked me up...the memories.

-12.4F...drop slowed a bit as the wind picked up slightly.

Those and windexes.

Pesky wind picked up here too. Went from -10.5F to -8.2F...back down to -8.6F. It'll probably be one of those nights on the hillside. Down 5F, up 3F, down 5F, up 3F...

I don't know, Would like to compare the numbers at this time frame now to see where they were then

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=BBRM1&year1=2014&month1=1&day1=3&hour1=2&past=1&time=GMT

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=BBRM1&time=GMT

Colder tonight by far.

Archived