northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Cold temps thread Fri/Sat Jan 3-4

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago ours died on an am in the singles. Turned out to be defective and we got a new one free. Still I drove it around a few minutes ago after walking home.

I'm probably the only person in their late 60s smiling in the deep cold...You would be surprised how many retirees I ski with, some 80 plus, they love winter and swear it's why they are still around. Got to get out in it, breathe it in. Good stuff last night Jerry. Not sure you read it but I posted for someone to call rescue because there was an old guy In Brookline hugging the snow shouting over and over I love you Leon, I love you.

I saw the post...lol. What a night! 2 walks in the teeth of it.

BOS 7 at 7. Dropping readily.

Chris, your p n c still saying -25 to -28?

Mine is now saying -17...I don't think I recall seeing it that low before.  I doubt I'll make it that low but you never know.  I usually look at my 10PM temp for a clue as to the morning temperature.  I've found over the years that I'll drop about 10 degrees from there on good rad. cooling nights.

I just checked my box and it's currently -4° here.

Mine is now saying -17...I don't think I recall seeing it that low before. I doubt I'll make it that low but you never know. I usually look at my 10PM temp for a clue as to the morning temperature. I've found over the years that I'll drop about 10 degrees from there on good rad. cooling nights.

I just checked my box and it's currently -4° here.

Mine says -15. If that happens I'll grow a pony tail

-0.4 now

As a Massachusetts resident for fifty years this cold snap ranks right up there in my memory ( I am sure Will can correct me). First week of 1981 comes to my mind ; back to back below zero days in Boston proper, I remember my Dad ripping up floor boards and thawing pipes with a torch.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBOS/1981/1/3/MonthlyHistory.html?MR=1

Archived