• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

This does not encompass the entire storm for areas right on the coast but better reflects the maximum westward extent of the heaviest. 

Hi Res NAM.

Someone on the south shore back through that Weymouth to Easton/canton Brockton belt is going to get cranked.

Might as well volunteer.....I'll take it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I will get some good snow in Cumberland.. Hoping that the storm is a few more miles nw so I can get in the highest totals. We should be close no matter what

You aren't very likely to get into highest totals. The OE should ensure pym county and s shore over to Quincy gets more. Wish your area the best but i think you could be half of pym totals.

Might as well volunteer.....I'll take it

Virtually all guidance unanimous now in targeting this area.  SREFs, GEFS, GFS, etc etc. 

May still see slippage S&E of the pure storm snows but I don't think we can escape the OES.  I'm comfortable with 6-12 in this general area, large range to account for the OES and lack of snow for some during the day Thursday.

EDIT:  I don't want to see the .75 line creep too much further east on the 0z GFS vs previous GFS runs.  Have a hunch though it's going to.

new nws guidelines dont want you to clear the board anymore, basically just want snowdepth

Not according to our local NWS offices. BTV said they saw the publication but that nothing has changed for most observers. The COOPS are all getting on the same page though.

You are still permitted like always, to do 6-hour measurements.

Can you post the map?

That may be too light in parts of CT etc...but I like the tuck on that map.  We're relying very, very heavily on what the cat can drag in off the ocean.  It may even miss me to the NW where there is one "band" of heavy stuff as depicted.  Confident in at least 6" here....but not confident in any way shape or form as most of the bottom ends I'm seeing around here.

Well, I just had a met from GYNX tell me today that wiping was fine....as long as its not more frequently than 6 hour intervals.

Yeah BTV had the same response when we talked about that document in the NNE thread after Famartin posted it. According the NWS offices nothing has changed and they still do 6-hourly measurements and seem to prefer it in the longer duration light snow events we have often up here.

Yeah BTV had the same response when we talked about that document in the NNE thread after Famartin posted it. According the NWS offices nothing has changed and they still do 6-hourly measurements and seem to prefer it in the longer duration light snow events we have often up here.

I mean, snowfall and snow depth are two entirely different concepts.

This does not encompass the entire storm for areas right on the coast but better reflects the maximum westward extent of the heaviest.  Hi Res NAM. Someone on the south shore back through that Weymouth to Easton/canton Brockton belt is going to get cranked.

Yup i see weymouth down to middleboro over to as far west as E bridgewater up to Brockton getting crushed. Imo Easton is to far west for best.

But splitting hairs aside, this is a s shore over to pym county crush job on most meso's last several cycles. Cape Ann has outside shot if they can outscore on waa snows thou looks like oe starts early in pym. county.

Archived