joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N.Y harbor wind 23kts gust 35kts N.E,sst 46degrees increase overall 2 kts , baro dropping 0.05 the story here is wind she's angry as J.B would say bar the door katie.She's gonna be a snot knocker for maritime interests no dought i used to dread these kind of blows.50degrees 

I expected some snizzly snow this morning with sound enhancement (which I believe is part of the mix), but this morning is actually a bit more entertaining than I was expecting.  We had a slightly heavier burst of snow for a few minutes that coincided with some higher wind gusts and got a little sneak preview of what is to come.  Viz dropped quickly with lots of snow blowing off of roofs.

If this persists, we'll get a couple of inches before the main event.

Guest Pamela

I expected some snizzly snow this morning with sound enhancement (which I believe is part of the mix), but this morning is actually a bit more entertaining than I was expecting.  We had a slightly heavier burst of snow for a few minutes that coincided with some higher wind gusts and got a little sneak preview of what is to come.  Viz dropped quickly with lots of snow blowing off of roofs.

If this persists, we'll get a couple of inches before the main event.

About 3/4ths of an inch of snow on the ground in Port Jeff...snow, some blowing snow...temp 26 F...dew point 24 F...wind gusty out of the north.

Just a dusting on the south shore. I think it's going to be all about banding later with some people crying and others stoked kinda like we have seen the past few years it has been a while since we saw a uniform snow total storm area wide

Later?  Eastern LI'ers already getting bands of snow and us westerners are already crying :(.

Archived