joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL - SNE already has between 4-7" from the overruning/OES/Coastal front...

Not all of them have a lot of snow yet. But Boston-absolutely. It was always a given they would crush us with this storm. The question was always how far southwest of there can the fun get.

Agree! They were modeled to get that much before the main storm from the OES and costal front, pretty much the boston metro area and se areas. CT,RI, ORH have been pretty much dry slotted like us or in lighter snows…..Boston was going to be jack pot on this no matter what happened

I know it was , but to look at it and see the precip only creeping in from the west while the heavy echoes go out to to sea to our south is pure torture. Just saying .

The run up is always frustrating, if I didn't have to be at work today I would have slept till 5 or 6 this afternoon. Nothing as painful as watching the kettle and waiting for it to boil. Edit: Cry my ass off, Boston radar already has banding over E Mass.

Boston has had a phenomenal decade, when I lived there in the mid-80s to early-90s things were much less impressive...a couple of those years had nothing noteworthy.

The turn toward more miller B's and progressive Nina patterns have helped them a lot. 07-08 was a great example where they cashed in time and time again. Progressive, late blooming systems are also great for them. The same pattern can also produce here but we need help such as in 2010-2011 with record blocking. All other factors equal, we do better in El Nino regimes than Ninas.

The run up is always frustrating, if I didn't have to be at work today I would have slept till 5 or 6 this afternoon. Nothing as painful as watching the kettle and waiting for it to boil. Edit: Cry my ass off, Boston radar already has banding over E Mass.

Yup that's what I'm saying , it's not like I'm questioning if this will work out ( which honestly I am doesn't look too good right now) but watching the pieces fall in place isn't fun, I like miller A's snow creeps northwards from Washington, D.C. Philly etc, I don't like these last minute phasers could be good but it's the kind of situation where I'd rather not see till it's here.

This reminds me of 1/27/11 in a way, with the monster upper level low crawling towards us and how awesome it was when it finally got here. The only time in my life experiencing thunder sleet, and later some of the heaviest snow rates I've ever seen. This won't be as intense but it should still be fun.

This reminds me of 1/27/11 in a way, with the monster upper level low crawling towards us and how awesome it was when it finally got here. The only time in my life experiencing thunder sleet, and later some of the heaviest snow rates I've ever seen. This won't be as intense but it should still be fun.

This reminds me more of Feb 2013 though since SNE and LI cashed in way more than NYC. We all did good in 1/27/2011.

Archived