joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know if its right or wrong...i'm not smart enough to know...but not sure that i'd necessarily call it feedback. as dendrite noted, the SE is under the RRQ of the upper air jet...so any little kink in the flow coming out ahead of the main vortmax will try to induce surface cyclogenesis out there. GFS may be overdoing the small pockets of energy in the trough, leading to too much lead pressure falls out there, may not be. tough to say. it did move toward the euro over the plains. not all the way there but made some steps. 

Yeah, is it truly erroneous feedback from some type of error in the convective parametrization of the GFS? The GFS has signs of an inverted trough off the southeast coast around hour 60. That could start off the process of increasing the meridional temperature gradient and strengthening the upper-level jet streak.

awesome, they wouldn't believe me if I told them the last time I saw a snowy owl in RI but Jerry would.

lots of pix of them in the papers over last month - sachuest point in middltown has many as well. appears they are after lemmings...

http://northkingstown.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/snowy-owl-found-at-quonset-airport-recuperating-in-westerly

WESTERLY, R.I. (AP) — A University of Rhode Island professor says the high number of snowy owls seen in the state this year is unprecedented.

Ecology professor Peter Paton told The Westerly Sun (http://bit.ly/1bQCdL9 ) that there have been reports of snowy owls this year in Middletown, Warwick, Jamestown, Charlestown and Westerly.

Rachel Farrell runs the online Rhode Island birders’ network known as Pollypie. She says the current influx of snowy owls is one of the largest in recent years and may end up being of historic proportions.

Bird experts say the owls live in the Arctic, but many fly south when their population spikes or food sources are scarce. They say an unusually large number of snowy owls have been seen this year in the Northeast, Midwest and as far south as North Carolina

haven't had a drink since softball ended in August but will imbibe New Years in toast to ULLR and a special drink for Leon, thinking Snow Cone (raspberry snappes, blue curaco, 7 up over crushed ice)

Even at the gtg? I thought you had a cocktail. Good for you though

I am def interested in the early part of next week, too

lots of pix of them in the papers over last month - sachuest point in middltown has many as well. appears they are after lemmings...

http://northkingstown.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/snowy-owl-found-at-quonset-airport-recuperating-in-westerly

WESTERLY, R.I. (AP) — A University of Rhode Island professor says the high number of snowy owls seen in the state this year is unprecedented.

Ecology professor Peter Paton told The Westerly Sun (http://bit.ly/1bQCdL9 ) that there have been reports of snowy owls this year in Middletown, Warwick, Jamestown, Charlestown and Westerly.

Rachel Farrell runs the online Rhode Island birders’ network known as Pollypie. She says the current influx of snowy owls is one of the largest in recent years and may end up being of historic proportions.

Bird experts say the owls live in the Arctic, but many fly south when their population spikes or food sources are scarce. They say an unusually large number of snowy owls have been seen this year in the Northeast, Midwest and as far south as North Carolina

They'll have to fly farther south

Archived