Newest Member
    amirah5
Pre-Christmas Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lock it in!

Flooding potential should certainly not be overlooked given the WAA potential, moisture in this storm system and the relatively substantial snowpack in areas which could receive rain.

Great EURO run, don't think I've seen everyone this excited about a storm 144hrs+ out haha. Need to watch trends obviously, to see if the EURO will hold considering the shifts from the last run.

I wouldn't really say that the EURO has changed much. It's been relatively consistent with the trajectory.

Lock it in!

Flooding potential should certainly not be overlooked given the WAA potential, moisture in this storm system and the relatively substantial snowpack in areas which could receive rain.

Great EURO run, don't think I've seen everyone this excited about a storm 144hrs+ out haha. Need to watch trends obviously, to see if the EURO will hold considering the shifts from the last run.

I wouldn't really say that the EURO has changed much. It's been relatively consistent with the trajectory.

The euro is money under 7 days... This is 6 days out.... That cutoff scares the hell out of me.... it's way too early to worry about that though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Probably 1 in 10 year for Chicago... 1 in 40 to 1 in 60 year for Detroit.

Chicago... only 5 events of 18"+ since 1895. Basically 1 in 22 years

Detroit....Last two events of 18"+ was in 1886 and 1974. Only two events of 12"+ since 1929 For Detroit NOT the burbs.

Disagree. In terms of imby, the 12/15 0z was well NW, 12/15 12z was south and east giving me a ton of snow, 12/16 0z went back way NW and now the 12/16 12z back south right over me. Very inconsistent.

Archived