Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pre-Christmas Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lock it in!

Flooding potential should certainly not be overlooked given the WAA potential, moisture in this storm system and the relatively substantial snowpack in areas which could receive rain.

Great EURO run, don't think I've seen everyone this excited about a storm 144hrs+ out haha. Need to watch trends obviously, to see if the EURO will hold considering the shifts from the last run.

This should be an interesting storm for sure! The European model dumps close to 20 inches of snow on me. I am not buying that yet as historically very strong systems end up going further NW than what the models show. What I am concerned about is a major icing event for the Peoria metro area with the heaviest snow axis(whatever the amount it may be) ending up over Northern Missouri into east central Iowa.

Do the vast majority really believe those Wxbell maps, verbatim...100%? Maybe I'm out of the loop on that.

Enough might.  Euro clown maps haven't been this visible on a widespread basis until recently.  Most people know the Euro is the most skilled model overall so the natural leap is that the snow maps might be the most skilled.  Again, not a problem if you know for sure it's all snow at 10:1, but otherwise...

Archived