joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 10 Morning Crusher (obs/nowcasting)

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 1.75 today and 1.5 on sunday is 3.25 on the year. Today is another bitter pill but I've taken so many of those pills last couple years that I've built up a good tolerance. 

If another band comes through and I get another .25" I'll slantstick the F out of it and verify the wsw. 

You don't even know what a bitter pill is,  making a bad forecast and also getting screwed and getting less snow than anyone else, that's a bitter pill.  DCA and the power of the positive AO and snow drought lives one.

You don't even know what a bitter pill is,  making a bad forecast and also getting screwed and getting less snow than anyone else, that's a bitter pill.  DCA and the power of the positive AO and snow drought lives one.

It's only Dec 10.. It's only Dec 10

At least a good part of the area should clip the low end of the forecast so it won't look like the hugest bust ever.

I was so pulling for you Wes. What a disaster. The thing that sucks is if you got good snow you would be more bullish with the next marginal threat. I can already read your next article before you even write it. 

I think I would have been close to 3 - 3.5 if my temp didn't spike at onset. But it is what it is. GFS will be out soon so we can see our next phail. 

Many outlets better hope that last band in n va is heavy snow to get some areas up to 2" lets remember, we always thought this was a nice 1-3,2-4 until not that long ago. This for some is sadly still a nice event of late. Tempered expectations go a long way in our current setting.

Sometimes I hate the models. A surprise dusting can be more fun than 4 inches in a 8-12 forecast.

An inch or a tad more here in Silver Spring, snow is very light with small flakes.  I think the slight fog is reducing the visibility more than any snow is right now.

This is feeling like Groundhog Day.  Woke up this morning and swore it was still March 6!!

(EDIT:  Difference is, the March 5-6 event there was a lot of uncertainty in the models in terms of temperatures and precipitation amounts.  The NAM and SREF went hog-wild on the QPF, the GFS was less so, and it was really unclear if we'd have the rates with temperatures a bit above freezing.  In today's event, there was pretty widespread agreement on ~0.50" precipitation, cold enough temperatures, and the start time looked ominous for traffic.)

Archived