CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 14/15 winter storm threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol that was epic. Like we said last night, yesterday was the day model mayhem took place, today they settle out, tomorrow they hone in. I like the trend of, increased QPF, better high position, stronger earlier cyclogenesis. Should be one of the more interesting days tomorrow as it all congeals

Very well said

This is the BOS jackpot run.

The NAM is like Kindergarden. Everyone gets a turn to be the winner.

:lol:   ...I dunno tho -- too much cold air to think p-type problems.  It's brutal and we have a second wave yet to refill...  I'm down to 13F here 10pm, with a dp of 3, and this will be back-filled off a stationary arctic high?  

good luck with that.

It won't be that bad but the RGEM sure appears its going to put the low over land in SNE in some shape or form, remember the RGEM much like the NAM can sometime be iffy beyond 36 hours.

Despite this NW solutions I agree with Scott - likely to go over ACK because of the high placement.  No way this storm plows through that...

In terms of NAM -storm placement and intensity evolution I really don't have any criticism. It's dead nuts on the consensus over the last 24 hours of model-blizzard.  

QPF ...heh, tough.  In one respect, the storm should be toting an above normal pwat column; in another respect, the NAM definitely has a high-QPF bias beyond 48 hours.  

Archived