12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 14/15 winter storm threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just add that it appears the uber great snow growth we had been mentioning over the last day or so is declining (a bit). There's favorable soundings for it initially, but we've lost some of the midday Saturday snows. When the bulk of the precip comes in, the column has already warmed out of the max DGZ below 700mb. Whoever gets in on the 500-700mb banding will still get some fluffy delight, but I don't see much in the way of thick layers of mid-level -12C to -18C temps with lift in it right now. I'm not saying ratios will suck, just that the soundings don't look as ridiculous as they did.

I'll just add that it appears the uber great snow growth we had been mentioning over the last day or so is declining (a bit). There's favorable soundings for it initially, but we've lost some of the midday Saturday snows. When the bulk of the precip comes in, the column has already warmed out of the max DGZ below 700mb. Whoever gets in on the 500-700mb banding will still get some fluffy delight, but I don't see much in the way of thick layers of mid-level -12C to -18C temps with lift in it right now. I'm not saying ratios will suck, just that the soundings don't look as ridiculous as they did.

Berks are the area not 1" on the SREFs.

Aside from that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

It's close up here on the BTV and MPV coolwx graphics. Best lift is in the -10C to -16C type range it seems.

But I could see how that decreases further SE.

100% agree.  We're always missing out on something by a few miles either to the northeast or northwest of our area when it comes to snowfall...

lol.  Ain't that the truth.  I lived in Bristol for 5 years, and for the most part there seemed to be so many misses due to the location - surrounded by saltwater, and just overall a bad spot for snow.  Did have a few good storms though.

lol.  Ain't that the truth.  I lived in Bristol for 5 years, and for the most part there seemed to be so many misses due to the location - surrounded by saltwater, and just overall a bad spot for snow.  Did have a few good storms though.

summer storms can be good there tho.

Archived