joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March through like May are usually pretty boring. The local farm club baseball team doesn't start playing until June, swimming pools don't open till after Memorial Day, stargazing prospects still favor unholy hours of the morning, and if we're lucky we'll eek out a slight risk or two with a rumble of thunder at 10:30 pm. I enjoy all seasons both from recreation and wx standpoints so I don't disdain summer and genuine spring, but I'm more than happy with a prolonged winter. After all, there's nothing more annoying than sweating in the sun and shivering in the shade.

Since I'm a big fan winter, its nice to know the cold will stick around for awhile. Now let's see if we can deliver a HECS before all is said and done. That would be a nice way to send off an epic winter. Perhaps maybe next weekend? I know the models still have a lot of work to do, but the 12z runs today showed  some promising improvements. I want a wiggum storm!!! :snowman:

I do kind of agree about the cold being overplayed a bit, akin to the epic "torch" from which we should just now be emerging. It's going to be chilly and some isolated stations may break records, but it's probably not going to be memorable in its own right.

Nope starting next week it'll be getting warmer and hopefully by the end of the month we'll be seeing more 50's and 60's and bye bye to this cold

The snowstorm forums have become mush. Can no longer determine if the darts are being flung by humans or intelligent monkeys. Everyday from 2/26 to 3/04 has been progged (pegged?) for an event. Two days ago when I mentioned March 03, I was derided. Now the members are running to pick up that flag if a fellow soldier goes down. And when the PV stops the winner will be .....................................the PV of course. Fun to watch, come join in the fun!

The snowstorm forums have become mush. Can no longer determine if the darts are being flung by humans or intelligent monkeys. Everyday from 2/26 to 3/04 has been progged (pegged?) for an event. Two days ago when I mentioned March 03, I was derided. Now the members are running to pick up that flag if a fellow soldier goes down. And when the PV stops the winner will be .....................................the PV of course. Fun to watch, come join in the fun!

You're completely wrong. They've been mush for a long time

Yeah because people like you posted it here. It can easily get in the wrong hands.

Just stop..that couldn't be further from the truth. The guys who post it on social media usually have wb or steal it off someone's Facebook who has wb. You have been jumping on too many people lately. Chill out.

Those type of snowfall maps wont go viral from being posted on our site, but they will get a lot of traction and drive interest when JB posts them. His calculation is probably that more people

will buy subscriptions when people see free samples of the snowfall maps.

People see them here and understand that it's in the context of a model

discussion thread of a threat beyond 120 hrs which is outside the

best range to get specific about snowfall amounts.

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/438389598100529152/photo/1

Archived