• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

Those type of snowfall maps wont go viral from being posted on our site, but they will get a lot of traction and drive interest when JB posts them. His calculation is probably that more people

will buy subscriptions when people see free samples of the snowfall maps.

People see them here and understand that it's in the context of a model

discussion thread of a threat beyond 120 hrs which is outside the

best range to get specific about snowfall amounts.

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/438389598100529152/photo/1

He has 5000 subscribers , only an idiot would think those guys are not gona post it all over their FB etc  , but somehow if one of us does it here  , its goes viral .

I just ignore his stupidity , I post that stuff because some here don't have access to the pay site- so I don't mind sharing it. Most of us know that stuff is just eye candy and we no one takes it literally  ( at least that's the hope ) .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has 5000 subscribers , only an idiot would think those guys are not gona post it all over their FB etc  , but somehow if one of us does it here  , its goes viral .

I just ignore his stupidity , I post that stuff because some here don't have access to the pay site- so I don't mind sharing it. Most of us know that stuff is just eye candy and we no one takes it literally  ( at least that's the hope ) .

I know. The people that post here regularly know that it's the Canadian model long range  and understand 

snowfall maps at those ranges are more for fun until we get under 60 hrs.

I know. The people that post here regularly know that it's the Canadian model long range  and understand 

snowfall maps at those ranges are more for fun until we get under 60 hrs.

I posted the Euro 2m 216 temps . Def overdoes it , but that`s insane if that`s how you  close out Feb

Child? LMAO. And in case you didn't notice I'm not here to please you.

He isnt the first person to ask you to tone it down...sometimes it isnt everyone else. We've all had our bad days on here where weve screwed up and said stuff we shouldnt have in a way that was unnecessary...not a big deal, but you do come across as unnecessarily confrontational.

I do the PBP as a courtesy because I have access to sites that most people on here don't. I've had enough of the non sense. I don't need to post it here. Hope you all enjoy AllSnow's PBP because I'm done. We don't have enough moderation on this site. That's the biggest problem of them all.

I do the PBP as a courtesy because I have access to sites that most people on here don't. I've had enough of the non sense. I don't need to post it here. Hope you all enjoy Snow88's PBP because I'm done.

Stop being a baby and just be civil. It's that easy. We never said we don't appreciate the play by plays.

I shouldn't have to tell someone not to post a WxBell snow map. It's frustrating when it shows up on FB an hour later.

What i said wasn't about the wb snow map, and it's not personal against you. You have a tendency to talk down to people and get very confrontational over little things that shouldn't matter. I probably should have stated my grievance in a more polite tone. No one is saying they don't want you here, just try to be more respectful of others. We appreciate the pbp's..trust me. You and your nemesis Allsnow have been our go to people with this all winter.

I shouldn't have to tell someone not to post a WxBell snow map. It's frustrating when it shows up on FB an hour later.

ill agree the weatherbell maps can be very misleading and it doesn't take a scientist to figure out they need tweeking. don't let the opinions of others get to you brother, being on the internet forums for years I tune it out. sure you have an attitude to you but by no means do I think your a jerk as Ive experienced jerks online myself. keep doing the PbP as its not all that bad and people have to understand not everyone is perfect. thanks for offering information from ensembles that I don't have access to. I have zero quarrels with you and allsnow regardless of your differences. oh and 18z is usually when your trying to book your ass home as well so that factors into it ALOT! :lol:

What i said wasn't about the wb snow map, and it's not personal against you. You have a tendency to talk down to people and get very confrontational over little things that shouldn't matter. I probably should have stated my grievance in a more polite tone. No one is saying they don't want you here, just try to be more respectful of others. We appreciate the pbp's..trust me. You and your nemesis Allsnow have been our go to people with this all winter.

best word for yanks is he has what you call an "edge" online. hes not a complete jerk but doesn't do a good job in critiquing his responses to false statements. however I still don't believe his PbP is not valuable, allsnow also makes mistakes and both of them have been very instrumental in publishing the model runs. people have to remember that this is the internet and not everyone acts the same.

When I'm home I can look for myself but when I'm at work you and Allsnow are very helpful when I want an update. I'm sure many others feel the same.

bingo! he and allsnow break down the OP/ensembles very well ( albeit mistake DO happen ). yanks don't be discouraged put on your man pants and just tune it out and give us the info not all have

In the spirit of full disclosure...

Im not sorry I ruined the US/Canada hockey game for Rjay. Commie shoulda been watching live!

Hahahahahahaha you didn't ruin it (well maybe a little but you probably soften the heartbreak since I knew it was coming). But watching that third period and waiting for the collapse, I thought with 4 mins left that maybe you were joking lol

And I can't watch live at work!!! My patients would not be happy!

Yes I don't take criticism well when I'm going out of my way to provide a service for free. I don't mind doing it, but sometimes I make mistakes and usually go back and fix it or edit my posts. If you notice an error please let me know, politely.

and if you don't edit/fix the posts some members find the need to blow holes in you in which is not right.

Yes I don't take criticism well when I'm going out of my way to provide a service for free. I don't mind doing it, but sometimes I make mistakes and usually go back and fix it or edit my posts. If you notice an error please let me know, politely.

Most don't care about the little mistakes. Well I know I don't.

Archived