Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Winter storm 12/8-9 model discussion part II

Ji

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigger question is why even create that map. Sometimes there seems to be too much info.

LWX is under a pilot program to provide OEM support for VA / DC / MD.  As part of the program, they are creating winter weather products to show the lower / upper end and most likely scenario.  The wording is subjective and meant more for DOT / OEM use than general consumption.

GFS is a pretty lousy run for most of us compared to Euro/NAM

That's what I thought.  The lesser front end and slower back end make for a tough run.  Hope it's an anomaly and not onto something. I always worry about front end stuff when the upper support is so far west.  It might mean nothing but I'm a worrier and it seems like that happens to us more than our fair share.

LWX is under a pilot program to provide OEM support for VA / DC / MD.  As part of the program, they are creating winter weather products to show the lower / upper end and most likely scenario.  The wording is subjective and meant more for DOT / OEM use than general consumption.

Everything is generally consumed these days so it should be factored in if nothing else.

Archived