12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this will trend into a sunny day and 70 on Sunday...250 yards for AP!!

thing is, once these things start trending away from us when we're around 5 days out, they don't stop and I can't remember one that turned around and hit us as earlier progged

the only time we have a shot for things to change in our favor at this range, or at least so it seems, is when they are progged ots then shift left up the coast (there's ur left turn again)

thing is, once these things start trending away from us when we're around 5 days out, they don't stop and I can't remember one that turned around and hit us as earlier progged

the only time we have a shot for things to change in our favor at this range, or at least so it seems, is when they are progged ots then shift left up the coast (there's ur left turn again)

This one will only get better. I'm thinking about starting a thread but I might wait until it's less than 12 days out.

Last Christmas. That storm looked good on the GFS until about this time. It also lost the flatter flow and sent the low into the lakes. But it came back around about a day later all while the Euro insisted the low would go to the lakes. The low ended up in eastern KY. I do realize that that storm isn't exactly a favorite for the eastern crowd but it was a good one for some. This storm isn't the same setup, but you never know for sure how it will trend.

Last Christmas. That storm looked good on the GFS until about this time. It also lost the flatter flow and sent the low into the lakes. But it came back around about a day later all while the Euro insisted the low would go to the lakes. The low ended up in eastern KY. I do realize that that storm isn't exactly a favorite for the eastern crowd but it was a good one for some. This storm isn't the same setup, but you never know for sure how it will trend.

Anything is possible within reason. I believe the euro/18z gfs may be close to a worst case scenario. Once we're inside of 5 days the low track will be mostly resolved. I would suck to see such a good hp strength and placement go to total waste. A period of winter precip with sub freezing temps is fine with me. I hope I can at least score that here. You'll get one of the better outcomes areawide no matter what so play nice. 

Anything is possible within reason. I believe the euro/18z gfs may be close to a worst case scenario. Once we're inside of 5 days the low track will be mostly resolved. I would suck to see such a good hp strength and placement go to total waste. A period of winter precip with sub freezing temps is fine with me. I hope I can at least score that here. You'll get one of the better outcomes areawide no matter what so play nice.

Play nice? For two years I've pulled as hard as I could for you guys to get a good snow. Heck I'll take a fringe job just to watch you guys get one.

This one can't be set yet if the models are any indicator. They might seem consistent but that's an illusion. The timing on the features keeps changing. Now cold air is set to be in here Friday night/Sat morning. My forecast yesterday for Sat was a high of 56. Now it's 36.

Play nice? For two years I've pulled as hard as I could for you guys to get a good snow. Heck I'll take a fringe job just to watch you guys get one.

This one can't be set yet if the models are any indicator. They might seem consistent but that's an illusion. The timing on the features keeps changing. Now cold air is set to be in here Friday night/Sat morning. My forecast yesterday for Sat was a high of 56. Now it's 36.

Play nice = Climo is a b!+ch

Phillywx looks like it is leaning more toward failure than success

The quality of the discussion isn't bad but the quantity is lacking...mostly Tombo talking to himself

Someone should invite Adam into our forum.....I think he would like it here...I want to collect as many mets as possible...even Isohume

it's too early in the season for us to count on snow.  even in our best season it's too early.  yea we get the occasional fluke, but it's the exception.  i don't understand why anyone would get hyped about a storm 6-7 days out.  it's ridiculous.  not that i don't do it sometimes, but when i do, it's still ridiculous lol.

We can't count on snow here.  Ever.  That's the problem.  We've already wasted some really good cold air and it looks like we are set to waste some more, and then a likely pattern flip to above normal for who knows how long.  Before you know it, it'll be mid-Jan w/ nothing to show for it except for a glimmer of hope on a d10 -AO/-NAO.

We can't count on snow here. Ever. That's the problem. We've already wasted some really good cold air and it looks like we are set to waste some more, and then a likely pattern flip to above normal for who knows how long. Before you know it, it'll be mid-Jan w/ nothing to show for it except for a glimmer of hope on a d10 -AO/-NAO.

I don't see how you can enjoy any part of winter with an attitude like this. If you'll remember we had a pretty good winter out here last year. Our friends to the east have suffered more than we have. You're not going to win any friends if you keep complaining. You usually aren't like this. Just enjoy what comes. Ain't like we can change it.

Is Ellinwood sitting this winter out?

If you'll remember he got mad about something earlier this year. You put him in his place and he hasn't been back since. I can't remember what he got mad about, but I remember you defending some of us who aren't on the level of a weather god.

Tough to live in this area if you like snow...especially east of 81....we are just far enough north to think we have a chance and just far enough south to have it usually not work out...I'm trying not to let it wreck my mood but it's challenging because our window for really good snow is so small...I used to live in Hampton Roads so when I get really down I try to remember those days...it can always be worse

Archived