12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually. I've decided not to become invested in anything until about 5 days out. And even then only invested a few cents.

Can't blame you there. After watching 2 days of models not much has been gained. Cold hp in a good spot to start, moisture overrunning, low goes somewhere west of us, precip mixes and goes to rain at some point. It could be wetter than drier. All snow in the cities has never been on the table. Climo and pattern says don't get too head over heels on any "good" model run. That about sums it up.

Prep for this kind of rollercoaster ride for the next 5 days.

I'm torn....it's pretty funny reading...euro looks great!....rain...looks like snow....wow that's a lot of ice...man it looks warm...wow that snow map is delicious....euro is a huge step in the wrong direction if you like snow...euro is warning criteria event

Lol....can't wait!!

Euro still seems like a significant frozen event...funny how the impression seemed different after the play by play

it is, but the problem is we spike to mid 40s very quickly..which is fine..I'd still take it in a heartbeat, but more fun if we can at least stay in the low 30s into monday....

it is, but the problem is we spike to mid 40s very quickly..which is fine..I'd still take it in a heartbeat, but more fun if we can at least stay in the low 30s into monday....

What's the mechanism causing the temp spike on the euro? Seems to me temp forecasts are most dubious at this time range but certainly I don't know

So Wes' post about the ensembles is not a positive then

No an old but very good rule is it the pressures are lower in the great lakes than over Maine,  your cold air won't hold.  You end up getting an easterly component off the ocean.  Plus the low in the lakes means at 850 mb you end up having southerly flow which also warms you. 

in other news...  denver is 60 degrees today and then wednesday will have a high of 11 with snow...

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.737567&lon=-104.98471790000002&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Denver%2C%20CO%2C%20USA#.UpzrRcSsiSq

...and we are 60 degrees w/ rain and then 30 / dry / wind.  We suck.  I wish I could hibernate until next October.

...and we are 60 degrees w/ rain and then 30 / dry / wind.  We suck.  I wish I could hibernate until next October.

it's too early in the season for us to count on snow.  even in our best season it's too early.  yea we get the occasional fluke, but it's the exception.  i don't understand why anyone would get hyped about a storm 6-7 days out.  it's ridiculous.  not that i don't do it sometimes, but when i do, it's still ridiculous lol.

Archived