• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/3 Tuesday Potential Event

Clinch Leatherwood

Yeah I thought the Euro offered a nod to the GFS.  And the NAM appears to lend support to the op GFS idea... and the UK as well to a lesser extent.  Ensemble members show a few interesting solutions and a large spread.  The Canadian does not look very good.  Maybe tonight we can establish a trend in the right direction.  This thing could shift in either direction.  Def worth watching.

It's early in the year to see how models are going to do in the cold season but it always seems the OP GFS will pick up on something earlier but be way overdone while the Euro trudges that way but never overshoots the mark.  That would presumably mean a respectable low but either a close scrape or a fish storm maybe more like the UKMET?  Just guessing.

But, something to watch.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would someone repeatedly start throwing amounts on threats that have little support? I'd have over 2 feet already if every "likely" verified.

This threat appears legit and as Winston Tomasi stated he only starts threads that have a chance.

It does stir discussion, that's for sure.  Not sure if its good discussion though, lol. 

Hopefully we have a few  snow one snow events over the next 5-6 days..

Fixed your typos for ya ;)

The biggest problem is there is very little room to allow for enough amplification early enough to allow for cyclogenesis to occur earlier and further south and perhaps west.  It's going to be extremely difficult to do with such a progressive flow as well.  The 12z GFS really tried to get that to happen but there is not a great deal of support, though some ensemble members are certainly saying, "hey don't give up yet".  

However, despite models also throwing in some warmer llvl air, if we were to see cyclogenesis occurs like 5-6 hours prior to what the 12z GFS suggested, I think much more of the region, perhaps with the exception of far SE MA would see a temp profile suggestive of mainly all snow as at that point warm air advecting this far inland would be muted.  

It should be on the NCEP site as quick is what I mean.

Meh, you guys get most stuff faster than we do in the office.

For a long time the Euro play by play was the faster way for us to get information about its latest runs. Now that we've opted to use some of our local funds for a pay site that isn't as much of a problem. And sometime soon it will be available on the Satellite Broadcast Network so that data will dump into AWIPS as soon as it is available (just like NAM or GFS). Still no Euro EPS data though, have to use the internet for that.

Archived