• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/3 Tuesday Potential Event

Clinch Leatherwood

It sure is...but looking at other aspects besides just the SLP map, there is certainly alot to worry about in order to get a solution like that to unfold.  I hope to hell it happens but just going to play this with extreme caution until the Euro comes out at least.  If the Euro wants to present a solution which is rather similar or give the same general idea the GFS has then I will be much more excited and really change my tune.  

well hopefully everyone here is sophisticated enough to know one model run means nada but I can guarantee no one here expected this. LOL

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well hopefully everyone here is sophisticated enough to know one model run means nada but I can guarantee no one here expected this. LOL

:lol:

haha I know.  I agree with your previous post though, the pattern definitely supports cyclogenesis somewhere off the coast but the question is where?  I guess we know what camp I was originally in, however, the 12z GFS certainly makes me not want to set that thinking in stone and I am certainly open to a solution which is possible to that.  Anything is certainly possible and it would be foolish to discount any solution at this point, especially a 12z GFS type.  Rest of 12z guidance and the ensembles should tell us a great deal more.

I would say that the most likely scenario at this moment remains offshore, but for wiggle room to correct west as we get closer to the time frame in range.  The trough doesn't want to dig in the polar jet, but the southern stream is providing the energy, question becomes if any shortwave that wants to get involved in the polar jet stream, does get involved, then how does it react with the offshore low.  12z GFS develops the low offshore of NC, in which becomes matured as it moves to 40N: 70W benchmark.

It should be on the NCEP site as quick is what I mean.

It probably could be if they didn't produce so much graphics and what not. The reason why they come out so fast here is because we limit the products produced. The energy mets need the runs to come out ASAP to blog about it. Then the traders can screw the public with energy prices...lol.

It probably could be if they didn't produce so much graphics and what not. The reason why they come out so fast here is because we limit the products produced. The energy mets need the runs to come out ASAP to blog about it. Then the traders can screw the public with energy prices...lol.

LOl, in 6 hours they will change

For the mets, would this system if it trended stronger and deeper have any effect on the warm up later in the week? Ie stronger push of cold behind the system (rather than just a weak wave with no real backside CAA) to help mitigate the return SW flow that then develops?

Might sound like a weenie question but trying to get an idea for snowmaking.

For the mets, would this system if it trended stronger and deeper have any effect on the warm up later in the week? Ie stronger push of cold behind the system (rather than just a weak wave with no real backside CAA) to help mitigate the return SW flow that then develops?

Might sound like a weenie question but trying to get an idea for snowmaking.

Yeah I talked about this to Kevin...it would probably hold off the warmth returning until perhaps the last second before the front moves in. It would probably be one of those things where the front weakens as it moves east thanks to the ridging nosing in behind the departing storm. Even if it doesn't hit, it's already trying to do that on models.

Archived