joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Thanksgiving Sou'easter Observation and Nowcasting Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z GEFS mean is wetter than the op. Shows 1.75"+ from I-80 north while the OP shows more like 1.25-.1.50".

That's not all that significant, like I said before it's a bit more than a typical run of the mill storm. It's a typical southern stream storm system that we see several times a year that is very expansive but not out of the ordinary. 

That's not all that significant, like I said before it's a bit more than a typical run of the mill storm. It's a typical southern stream storm system that we see several times a year that is very expansive but not out of the ordinary. 

So what's your over under on this storm. You willing to say that no station in this area gets over 3" of rain?

So what's your over under on this storm. You willing to say that no station in this area gets over 3" of rain?

I'm going with under 2.5" for most with this storm. I think most areas will get at least 2" because the gfs is most likely too dry with this storm given its origins, but it moves through rather quickly so it'll be difficult for a lot of places to get to 3" or above. I think at least one station could hit 3", but even that's debatable. 

Cool to see more flakes in November regardless of the impending changeover and glad we're getting some decent rain at last. 

That is all my friends!  This storm is only out of the ordinary in the context of months of no similar events, but we've seen it many times...and will see it many more.

I'm going with under 2.5" for most with this storm. I think most areas will get at least 2" because the gfs is most likely too dry with this storm given its origins, but it moves through rather quickly so it'll be difficult for a lot of places to get to 3" or above. I think at least one station could hit 3", but even that's debatable. 

That's actually a good under/over #.  I'm going to go over for my locale, but I think alot of places will be right around this #.

Will have to keep an eye on the winds though, pretty strong LLJ going to move through. We'll have to see if we can attain more mixing tomorrow as temperatures begin to rise on a southerly wind. Observed temps tend to rise higher than forecast in these situations so 60s are definitely a possibility early tomorrow, which would support stronger mixing and at least advisory level winds. 

Archived