joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Thanksgiving Sou'easter Observation and Nowcasting Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z RGEM might be the wettest model run we've had yet. That's like 3-4" of rain in less than 12 hours for the CT coast.

18_054_R1_north@america_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@0

18_054_R1_north@america_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@0

I'm still thinking it will be a wet outcome for us-I'd say on average 2.5-3.5" of rain. The low level jet means business and the trough is going negative tilt. There will be a very heavy line of rain which will cross the whole area but tend to train for several hours.

Maybe a little backside love on the 00z NAM 2nd wave?

My brain might be inventing things but I'm almost positive that one of the NAM's major victories last year was the forecasting of a spoke of low pressure from a departing cyclone that, for some here, brought more snow than the actual "event" preceding it.

My brain might be inventing things but I'm almost positive that one of the NAM's major victories last year was the forecasting of a spoke of low pressure from a departing cyclone that, for some here, brought more snow than the actual "event" preceding it.

You may be referring to Mar 7-8th retro grading event. I think it was the GFS that sniffed it out before the Euro, could have been NAM but that model was hopelessly wet last year.

Archived