Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Thanksgiving Sou'easter Observation and Nowcasting Thread

IsentropicLift

Quick 2-3 snow into I-95 corridor BWI to NYC, SNE

November 27 09:01 AM

This could get ugly this evening as cold air comes in and catches the regenerating precip late this afternoon in the I-95 corridor. The quick snow followed by temps falling below 32 may make for some "interesting" travel this evening in this area.

Not a big deal as far as accumulation, but could lead to some slick travel after the snow ends

JB

Don't shoot the messenger , I could care less if you like him or not , believe it or not , maybe its a nice ending after all .

Models don't pass the 0C line at 850 through NYC until 0z tonight. The precip should be gone by then. There could still be some very light stuff around, I guess.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The percip in eastern Va. is pushing n/ne and the radar is filling in over in s/e Pa.

Oh it's definitely going to turn back to a steady rain here. The question is how heavy will it be and how long will it last. The NAM has moderate rain for about 6 hours. The GFS is not as impressed but then again it's been playing catch up from the beginning.

Just a tremendous amount of vorticity going on. The phasing of the two streams is really what made this all possible. Once the models latched onto that idea, the OTS tracks stopped.

wg8vor2.GIF

And just imagine what could have happened had there been high heights over the Davis Straight? This would have been a snowbomb for us. Instead we got the warm sheared out mess we have now.

Archived