e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have a thing for back end snows since the one good one we had in Jersey in the 1987-1990 period. Fairly big rains - enough to leave a puddle the size of a hockey rink in a nearby park - followed by a couple inches of snow and a cold blast that froze everything solid for at least a week. That puddle made for awesome ice skating!

Are you serious?

Please tell me you are trolling.

I'll let the brass at the NWS know that you think we should just scrap the GFS....and every downstream model that touches it.  No problem.

This will be a relief to the folks at EMC who have been busting their @ss getting the 13km version ready for next year.  I'll let them all know they can have a relaxing holiday season instead.

Edit:  This is in response to the comment re: scrapping the GFS....not you Randy.

I'll let the brass at the NWS know that you think we should just scrap the GFS....and every downstream model that touches it.  No problem.

This will be a relief to the folks at EMC who have been busting their @ss getting the 13km version ready for next year.  I'll let them all know they can have a relaxing holiday season instead.

Edit:  This is in response to the comment re: scrapping the GFS....not you Randy.

I'm looking forward to the 13km version.  It's amazing to me how far modelling has come since back in the 70s when I started looking at models at PSU. 

Sounds good, thanks Wes. I hope most here hoping for snow are setting their goal on a period of light snow... anything more would be bonus

You don't set goals on the low end.

And ..... There's a lot of potential crow being served up in this thread. Possible turkey day appetizer for some.

I'm still struggling. Are u rooting for snow or not?

If so, I would say odds of some fall from the sky seem to be increasing as we close in . I had a rough night last night but I can probably deal with another 1/2 cartopper.

he!! yeah!

and I think we should see some back end stuff; and seeing that it would be the day before Thanksgiving, that's pretty good for these parts

You don't set goals on the low end.

And ..... There's a lot of potential crow being served up in this thread. Possible turkey day appetizer for some.

I mean I can se what you're saying, but at the same time based on current models and history, back end snow isn't a good bet.

Look, if anybody here has reason to hope, it's you and those out that way. I wouldn't rule anything out back there.

he!! yeah!

and I think we should see some back end stuff; and seeing that it would be the day before Thanksgiving, that's pretty good for these parts

I'm just funnin ya. We're always on the same page. And yes, flakes falling at any point during this storm is definitely lemonade from a big fat lemon.

The 2 wave idea is better for backend than one wound up system in our parts it seems. The departing wave primes our thermals for the second shot. We need the help and then some

Archived