12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we are coming toward a solution.  I could see things maybe de-amplifying a bit (or at least per last euro) and the cold trying to press a bit harder.  The air mass moderates out ahead of it but not anything major and then there's another cold high pressing in on the storm.  I kinda doubt we'll get 3" of rain but maybe.

yeah...looks like the GFS is now about 75-100 mi east of the euro...I think youre right and the euro will de-amp and trend east some....GFS might have found the ultimate solution or close....who know...track will be important...GFS is a pretty nice snow event for berkshires, southern VT/NH

Once the storm passes by us, is the cold air coming in as cold as it will be tomorrow and if so does that give us any clues as to how quick it will come in?

the thanksgiving air mass is insane is the GFS is right...upper 20s for highs

Think we are coming toward a solution.  I could see things maybe de-amplifying a bit (or at least per last euro) and the cold trying to press a bit harder.  The air mass moderates out ahead of it but not anything major and then there's another cold high pressing in on the storm.  I kinda doubt we'll get 3" of rain but maybe.

I do kind of doubt the NAM solution of wrapping everything up and driving us into the 50s to near 60... and having it pass harmlessly out to sea doesnt quite make sense either... I think this run makes the most kind of sense though watching it leave behind the ULL to just drift east out to sea in the later hours seems a lil suspect to me

That is my thinking as well.  Especially if we can get the storm cranking like the Euro in the position of the 00z GFS.

the euro seemed way too warm at the sfc last run at least in part. even running a low just to our east wouldn't likely get dc to near 60.

....GFS might have found the ultimate solution or close....

The 850 mb low would be OK but it seems to open up when it gets to the Mid-Atlantic and that could be a

signal that cold air advection is not going to hold.  The 850 mb temperatures crash soon after but at the

same exact time, the 700 mb moisture shuts off.  My hunch is cold rain shifting to flurries at the end.

On the NW side of the big cities, there could be a frozen crusting at the end.  Something has to block the

cold air advection from progressing in order to get accumulating snow east of the foothills.   North side of

Winchester looks very good.

Archived