12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. Guess my post was idiotic. I just thought not always but it was an often occurrence that the GFS would lose storms only to bring back it's solution from previous runs. Not all the time but I know it does happen. I normally just lurk and read post and now you know why. I'm not as good and knowledgeable as most on this forum.

Don't be offended. I was just being obnoxious.

From LWX...

WHETHER IT IS A MIX EARLY TUE MRNG W/ RAIN-

SNOW OFF-AND-ON DURING THE DAY/NIGHT. TUE NIGHT INTO EARLY

WED...DEPENDING ON THE STRENGTH OF THE CAA AND THE SYSTEM`S

PROGRESS AND AMNT OF PRECIP - PERIODS OF SNOW MAY MIX W/ RAIN

ACROSS THE SHEN VLY/BLUE RIDGE AND INTO THE FOOTHILLS. ATTM...

STILL APPEARS THE I-95 CORRIDOR AND IMMEDIATE AREAS WILL BE ALL

RAIN - ALBEIT A COLD RAIN - THOUGH UNCERTAINTY REMAINS FAIRLY HIGH

FOR HOW FAR SE COLD AIR CAN/WILL MIX W/ FALLING PRECIP.

If at any point this storm has a period of snow falling near the cities I will consider it a major win. Parrs ridge stands a fair chance overall. My yard is a major underdog but I wouldn't be shocked to see some rain soaked mangled globs trying to make it to the ground before being incinerated in standing water.

A cold soaker in late November with snow nearby is a win considering the drumbeat for months has been the concern that there'd be no southern stream to work with.

Early and late season events often have a more robust southern stream....The issue is with the core of winter when we really need it....

This winter has a better chance of having ss influence from time to time than the last 2 years combined.

hope so...we'll see...that isn't too tall a task....I don't really see how we get much of one in the heart of winter...we have no nino or nino hangover...but there are plenty of ways to get snow

hope so...we'll see...that isn't too tall a task....I don't really see how we get much of one in the heart of winter...we have no nino or nino hangover...but there are plenty of ways to get snow

I was more than half joking but not totally. There are signs at least. Wolf creek pass in southern Colorado already has 100" this year. They typically only have big years and early seasons during nino's. I don't believe what's happening this year is a fluke. It could be a temporary pattern but it could also be a harbinger of a recurring pattern. Time can only solve the riddle.

I'm excited for the first week or 2 of Dec and I'm not thinking about much beyond it. Let's get the monkey off our back already for goodness sakes.

I was more than half joking but not totally. There are signs at least. Wolf creek pass in southern Colorado already has 100" this year. They typically only have big years and early seasons during nino's. I don't believe what's happening this year is a fluke. It could be a temporary pattern but it could also be a harbinger of a recurring pattern. Time can only solve the riddle.

I'm excited for the first week or 2 of Dec and I'm not thinking about much beyond it. Let's get the monkey off our back already for goodness sakes.

yes...in the end, it is guesswork...we don't really know...plus that faux nino last year might have awoken something (doubt it).......Let's get something over the next 2-3 weeks..agreed

Archived