joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you set your top goal to see some flurries, then you all will be set for this storm

More or less, yeah.  At this point I'm not counting on real accumulating snow, but won't be surprised if we actually manage a coating (car topper, if you will??) in the metro area.  Perhaps better chances farther west, depending on the precip amounts.  What impresses me more almost is how cold it is behind the system during the day on Thanksgiving.  Taking the 12Z GFS verbatim, we stay at or just below freezing the entire day.  I also like how the overall long wave pattern looks heading into the end of November and first part of December; could be encouraging.

Until it folds like the GFS

who really cares if we miss a cold rainstorm right? well maybe leesburg.  as long as it doesn't f up the historic motherlode of cold that will keep me indoors for a week.  

who really cares if we miss a cold rainstorm right? well maybe leesburg.  as long as it doesn't f up the historic motherlode of cold that will keep me indoors for a week.  

Not a huge fan of a muddy T-day, but it sure would be nice to know that 1) it can precipitate here and 2) a low can take a good track for us once in a while.

I'm not vested in the cold or potential storm since I'll be in the tropics (SC) next week.    Well, I actually do wanna see some record cold up here.

decent snow potential up the eastern spine of the mtns from western nc up through new england.  should have kept plans to go to nw ct for t-giving maybe. 

day 5 5H map looks odd with the u/l still down south

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ecmwf≤=500&va=hght&in=60&pl=cf&ft=h120&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=ecmwf≤=850&va=strm&in=5&pl=ln&ft=h120&cu=latest

looks like it wants to try to finish as snow around here tho not sure about that 

It lags the ULL down south, the main front clears and then it brings the secondary low up, not sure of QPF though, don't have those maps. 

looks like it mainly slows the end of the precip a bit. there may be some sort of a late pivot of light precip but nothing major. vast majority is rain.

Ryan Maue posted a Euro weenie snow map on Twitter.  Does show us getting some snow FWIW.  Also some snow in the Florida panhandle :blink:

still not sure on his snow maps. they seem off.  but it does verbatim give us a bit and more like half a foot in se va. 

I don't know if the snow maps come out from the source as is but wxbells are always snowier than they should be from what I've seen. All their other maps are awesome but snow maps kinda suck on the whole so whatever. 

Archived