Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is pretty weak sauce when it comes to QPF...under 1.75" for everyone

IMO the Euro has a tendency to overdo QPF at a few days range but I don't pay attention to verification scores etc like everyone else does. 

IMO the Euro has a tendency to overdo QPF at a few days range but I don't pay attention to verification scores etc like everyone else does. 

I think inside of 72 and esp 48, Euro is king when it comes to QPF...its verification is higher

I think inside of 72 and esp 48, Euro is king when it comes to QPF...its verification is higher

I'm still taking the under on 0z output. It's had a few runs 3"+ on the hi res. I've never understood those NH/global scores anyway. 

Feb snow usually sucks.  Wet slop that is gone as soon as the sun peeks out, often times the sun melts it even through the clouds.  Dec and Jan are all that matter to me.

That's cool.. in 2 mo is basically our prime big snow time. Punt that if you want. ;) 

I'm still taking the under on 0z output. It's had a few runs 3"+ on the hi res. I've never understood those NH/global scores anyway. 

yeah..it's not always the best of course, but it is usually the way to go here in terms of QPF, imo...it well outperforms the other models over time...

yeah..it's not always the best of course, but it is usually the way to go here in terms of QPF, imo...it well outperforms the other models over time...

12z yday was reasonable.. not that widespread 3"+ can't happen.  i'd expect it to show lower totals today. 

For us 3 million snow starved city weenies it's all about snow that we haven't seen in 3 years come Jan. Heck, I'll count a July hailstorm at this point. 

quit ur complaining Bob, it's gunna' be cold on Thanksgiving and you should have realized by now that will be enough to make the rest of us happy on Thanksgiving

not!

Archived