joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Most hated winter weather term

Ginx snewx

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I began these threads with an ulterior motive, what you can see is that a lot of these terms we started here and have fun with. We are a great crew of weather folks with a common love for weather. we poke fun, make up terms, lighten up each others days. When the time is right we concentrate on discussions that are important to a lot of peoples lives. do not let the Debbies and holier than thou folks get you down. New England rocks.

I began these threads with an ulterior motive, what you can see is that a lot of these terms we started here and have fun with. We are a great crew of weather folks with a common love for weather. we poke fun, make up terms, lighten up each others days. When the time is right we concentrate on discussions that are important to a lot of peoples lives. do not let the Debbies and holier than thou folks get you down. New England rocks.

Great stuff! Speaking of threads... Threading the needle is another term I hate.

I would toss in "accumulations on grassy surfaces" when snow is 1/2SM or less.

This always brings memories of hearing it late evening of 4/15/1988, as we packed for a dawn departure to visit family in VA.  We had to pull off the studded snows to be legal down there, and as we headed south there was <1/4 mile vis and about 4" and climbing on the "grassy surface" of I-95.  Interesting driving until we got south of the snowfall about Kennebunk.

This always brings memories of hearing it late evening of 4/15/1988, as we packed for a dawn departure to visit family in VA.  We had to pull off the studded snows to be legal down there, and as we headed south there was <1/4 mile vis and about 4" and climbing on the "grassy surface" of I-95.  Interesting driving until we got south of the snowfall about Kennebunk.

That was a very late season snowfall.

I've got another one:

Downeast Special.

Those always frustrate the @#$% out of me.

Archived