• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

The GFS has had two runs now, increasing in amounts, slowly moving towards the NAM like solution. The big issue seems to be where the main lobe of energy rotates into. The GFS keeps it in the Gulf of Maine, but gets very close to the coast, increasing amounts each run. Seeing how the NAM has had 5 runs of consistency, I am leaning towards the NAM IDEA, not total amount of precip, but the idea of it. I think tomorrows runs of the models will beef this up a little more and give a general .5-.75 for a nice swatch of Maine and eastern New England. Considering what we have had thus far, this will be HUGE for us. Might be a step in the right direction..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pumped to see how utterly ridiculous the 0z NAM is.

It will be interesting to see how many more runs it can go before it finally starts to back off inevitably. The only way I can seriously buy its solution is if it sticks to it again and we finally see other guidance trend toward it.

The only thing that makes the NAM have any credibility whatsoever, is that the 00z Euro last night wasn't too far off...just a bit further east and a little lighter, but still significant snows. But having it back off a bit at 12z didn't help matters.

Archived