joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see which model or models scores the coup on this threat...........

Still a lot of questions with the coastal storm and then the upper level features. There's been pretty decent consistency on at least getting a trough to rotate through the region. I'm hopeful on this event even though the NAM gave me a "relative" screw job. Hopefully in the next 24hrs we get a better idea.

What a crazy setup. It's like a combo of retro movement and then a NORLUN thrown in. You gotta think the NAM is over the top, but sometimes you can squeeze a decent amount of qpf out in these setups.

Plus a s/w diving down from the Great Lakes that providing some extra QG forcing as it closes a closed low south fo SNE.

The worst part about the NAM is that it's printing out warning criteria snow in a good portion of my viewing area and I really am still comfortable sticking with "flurries or a period of light snow"

I think the euro would be a good place to start, but I could see wrap around snow getting farther west than it showed at 12z..

Edit: for the Wednesday timeframe.

Still a lot of questions with the coastal storm and then the upper level features. There's been pretty decent consistency on at least getting a trough to rotate through the region. I'm hopeful on this event even though the NAM gave me a "relative" screw job. Hopefully in the next 24hrs we get a better idea.

I don't think i remember seeing a threat this close in and don't know what the outcome will be..........

No thanks. Not one has panned out this year. 00z Euro had some... backed off at 12z.

Euro has also shown these kinds of setups this year and none have happened lol.

The fact that it's been there at 00z 3 nights in a row..then backed off at 12z 3 days in a row..means it's seeing something..and it now has support. I'd mention it and Brad and Bob would too

Yeah agreed. I would take 12z and bring it west for Wednesday. But then again, this is such a complicated set up..it could bust too.

Well we've certainly been getting our chances at something. The chances seem to be increasing with frequency now, so one of these would have to pan out soon you would think.

The fact that it's been there at 00z 3 nights in a row..then backed off at 12z 3 days in a row..means it's seeing something..and it now has support. I'd mention it and Brad and Bob would too

It's probably good just to keep it toned down. These setups can bust big time. Once we get more agreement as we get closer, you can up the forecast. That's a tough setup for here...nevermind CT.

It's probably good just to keep it toned down. These setups can bust big time. Once we get more agreement as we get closer, you can up the forecast. That's a tough setup for here...nevermind CT.

Yeah I think playing it as flurries or a period of light snow works for now. Have had that in since Friday. No more confident in anything now than I was on Friday. The NAM does nothing for me.

I'm not saying grab your balls and slam them against the wall with force..I'm just saying call for light snow..and mention that some of our guidance is showing the potential for a more significant snowfall on Wednesday. so stay tuned .. What is wrong with that?

I'm not saying grab your balls and slam them against the wall with force..I'm just saying call for light snow..and mention that some of our guidance is showing the potential for a more significant snowfall on Wednesday. so stay tuned .. What is wrong with that?

Light snow isn't even a guarantee yet in CT...nevermind more than that. The public freaks out when you start mentioning heavier amounts...

Light snow isn't even a guarantee yet in CT...nevermind more than that. The public freaks out when you start mentioning heavier amounts...

Right..that's why you mention some guidance has it and some doesn't..just so if it does happen people aren't like..where was this in Ryan's Sunday night forecast. it gives him some wiggle room

Archived