12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM yielded on the dakotas s/w. Sped it up and weakened it at 6z towards the other models but it's still way slower than the GFS.

THAT said, the GFS had it near central/eastern PA by 54 hours at 0z. By the 6z 48h panel it had shoved it back ANOTHER 400-500 miles near Detroit. NAM gave a smidge, other models gave back hundreds of miles. My guess is that's a real event but of what magnitude TBD.

Once again, this will most likely be run 8 of the NAM showing its solution...

See my post from the start of the run, the NAM is relenting some on the position of one of the s/ws and as a result has backed away from earlier solutions. Maine should do well, the mountains too and then down through NH/coastal NH to about Cape Anne and then the outer 1/3 of the Cape. Boston maybe a trace to an inch or two, Worcester may see some flakes, Providence and Hartford no more than flurries - that's my read of the NAM.

Lundberg on board for wrap/reach around snows

there is likely to be an arm of moisture that wraps all the way around the storm tomorrow night into Wednesday across much of New England to produce what might be termed as 'surprise' snows - not so much in the shock value of it, but more from the direction it would come from

Yeah, the GFS has a much more reasonable solution now that fits better with the NAM. I would imagine that since it has the timing similar for waves, that it will increase the amounts by tomorrow as well. I think most of Maine is looking at 3-6 inches now as a more safe solution. Also nice to see it bring back the Christmas storm too. Will be fun to watch exactly how this plays out.

Lundberg on board for wrap/reach around snows

there is likely to be an arm of moisture that wraps all the way around the storm tomorrow night into Wednesday across much of New England to produce what might be termed as 'surprise' snows - not so much in the shock value of it, but more from the direction it would come from

I, for one, would be shocked to see actual snow (as opposed to model QPF) coming from any direction at this point.

Yeah, the GFS has a much more reasonable solution now that fits better with the NAM. I would imagine that since it has the timing similar for waves, that it will increase the amounts by tomorrow as well. I think most of Maine is looking at 3-6 inches now as a more safe solution. Also nice to see it bring back the Christmas storm too. Will be fun to watch exactly how this plays out.

I do like that the GFS and NAM have trended to one another. 3-6 sounds pretty reasonable. Another good sign is the overperformance in the Cape region.

I think the trough setup looks much better. We just need to let this system play out a bit, and see some stability in the handling of the Dakotas s/w so the models can zero in on a solution. I have the feeling they aren't done adjusting yet and that the 12z NAM may have been a burp. Best chances for significant snow would be Maine/NH and coastal MA regardless.

Archived